James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Before any comments on how "Spacers are Bad" start coming, I'll say this is just a temporary solution until the current tire set sees their end of life and I consider new Wheels along with 35s (and a regear lol)...

I'm looking at the https://www.quadratec.com/p/spidertrax/1-34-wheel-spacer-jeep-grand-cherokee-wrangler-jl Spacers as a solution to some very light rubbing at full turn (both ways) on my Anti-Rock Sway Bars.

Just wondering if anyone else out there is running this spacer, etc.

Note: Current setup is a Mopar 2Inch Lift, w/33 Rubi Takeoffs & Anti-Rock Sway Bar on a JLUS
Sponsored

WrongWheelDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, Z06 Corvette, Fiesta ST, Polaris Slingshot
Before any comments on how "Spacers are Bad" start coming, I'll say this is just a temporary solution until the current tire set sees their end of life and I consider new Wheels along with 35s (and a regear lol)...

I'm looking at the https://www.quadratec.com/p/spidertrax/1-34-wheel-spacer-jeep-grand-cherokee-wrangler-jl Spacers as a solution to some very light rubbing at full turn (both ways) on my Anti-Rock Sway Bars.

Note: Current setup is a Mopar 2Inch Lift, w/33 Rubi Takeoffs & Anti-Rock Sway Bar on a JLUS
I'm currently using them with no issues until I get new wheels also, I would recommend. As long as you buy quality name brand ones (not the cheap Ebay knockoffs) you wont have any issue.

OP
OP
redsyphon

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the feedback.

Is it possible to get a picture of how far out the tires on your rig are pushed beyond the finder? I've done the math, but a picture is worth a thousand words and I just want to be sure it doesn't give it the super wide stance look, etc.

Basically I'm deciding between the Rancho Quick-Disco kit (https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/new-quick-disconnects-for-the-jl.13458/) or Spacers and Keeping the Anti-Rocks.

I'd hate to abandon the Anti-Rocks as they are working well on the road and off, but lessons learned I guess...

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Spidertrax or Synergy are the top tier spacers. If you install them correctly you will have no issues.

Remember:

A. Remove the rotor clips
2. Use the supplied loctite
D. Torque to spec. Usually says 90 pounds but I torque to 100.

OP
OP
redsyphon

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Spidertrax or Synergy will are the top tier spacers. If you install them correctly you will have no issues.

Remember:

A. Remove the rotor clips
2. Use the supplied loctite
D. Torque to spec. Usually says 90 pounds but I torque to 100.
This is probably a very stupid question, but I've never dealt with Spacers/Rotor parts before. Why are the Rotor clips there?... Well, I'll ask another way: What (if any) are the negatives of not having the factory rotor clips in place, and will that impact any of my options down the line?

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
They are little clips that hold the rotor in place so they don't fall off during production or when you have the tire off. They serve no other purpose and are not necessary. When you have aftermarket wheels installed the shops remove them as well.

You want them removed so the spacer or new wheel mounts flush to the rotor surface.

OP
OP
redsyphon

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
They are little clips that hold the rotor in place so they don't fall off during production or when you have the tire off. They serve no other purpose and are not necessary. When you have aftermarket wheels installed the shops remove them as well.

You want them removed so the spacer or new wheel mounts flush to the rotor surface.
Thanks, That sums it up. I figured no lingering effects, but I like to ask if I don't know for sure :)

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Thanks, That sums it up. I figured no lingering effects, but I like to ask if I don't know for sure :)
No problem. It is always better to be safe than sorry. This is especially true on a vehicle.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

Here is a install video I did with them. They are working great. Been off road with my 37s, no issues.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

Here is a install video I did with them. They are working great. Been off road with my 37s, no issues.
Thanks for the video. The weird thing is I read somewhere that Spidertrax says to tighten to 90 ft/lb and that is also what Synergy says. Why is this guy doing it to 130?

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Does adding wheel spacers change the steering feel at all (45mph/55mph regular roads, etc.)? Something tells me it would steer better having the wider stance.
Second this emotion.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Does adding wheel spacers change the steering feel at all (45mph/55mph regular roads, etc.)? Something tells me it would steer better having the wider stance.
Thanks for the video. The weird thing is I read somewhere that Spidertrax says to tighten to 90 ft/lb and that is also what Synergy says. Why is this guy doing it to 130?
Adding the spacers gives the jeep a more stable feeling I would say. I haven't noticed any difference in steering.

Spidertrax/synergy state to torque to 90 ft/lb. Chrysler spec for the JL is 130 ft/lb. I would go in between at 100.

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
Mine felt more stable with the spacers.

Steering was the same.

I’m surprised you have rubbing with 33’s and a Mopar lift? I have a RC 2.5” spacer lift with 37x12.5s, on a Rubicon. The front doesn’t rub at all and the rear just kisses the edge of the fender when fully flexed (stock shocks with extensions).

Bora 1.5” spacers.

FC1CF4D2-0A75-41D5-8455-67211FC84769.jpeg