Sponsored

Faulty floor drain plugs.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
In my 2016 Rubicon hard rock I drove through flood waters of Harvey for hours and hours at depths of 3-5 feet+ in some areas. Now it was on a 3 inch lift with 35s but not one time during all those hours of daily floods did I get a drop of water inside other than rain when I opens doors to exit the vehicle. But with this new crap box if it sprinkles and splashes up on bottom of vehicle water is coming in. It’s pathetic to spend $40,000 on a vehicle and have that happen amongst all the other issues.
5+ feet? I'm calling bs.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Aw, come on... a JK Rubicon is roughly 72" tall. Add that it had a 3" lift and 35s, so, roughly 76-77" tall. I guess he kept tte windows rolled up!!!

Glug glug glug!!!:like:
Yeah, I'm sure the motor was fine completely submerged as well.

Sponsored

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
The drain plugs are so small and such a simple shape that I and other forum members are questioning how they could be so far out of spec on your "crap box" that water rushes in during a sprinkle. Assuming you're not trolling, have you taken out the floor mats, driven through water and confirmed that the drain holes are in fact the point of entry? If so, have you sprung for the $10-20 it would cost to buy two new ones just in case yours are indeed faulty? Get back with us. Or not.

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
... out of spec sheetmetal too. Just a thought.
I thought of that too, but that little steel tube shape is a really strong shape engineering wise. I s'pose hitting a big rock (or fish) at speed could bend it ...

OP
OP

Beachcomber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
It was supposed to show 3.5 feet not 3-5 lol

Sponsored

OP
OP

Beachcomber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Once again, the factory floor plugs just lay in the opening, there is no lip or other edge on them to create a water tight seal. ALL of the floor plugs are that way. Once again, how hard is it to make a plug that actually seals???

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Once again, the factory floor plugs just lay in the opening, there is no lip or other edge on them to create a water tight seal. ALL of the floor plugs are that way. Once again, how hard is it to make a plug that actually seals???
See Post #14, what is the manufacture date of your JL and can we get a pic of one of your plugs?

OP
OP

Beachcomber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
See Post #14, what is the manufacture date of your JL and can we get a pic of one of your plugs?
I’ll get door info and photos of plugs in and out sometime this morning.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Go under the Jeep, fill that hole with Flex Seal and get some mat plugs from Jeeporama.
green.jpg

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I meant if it was punched wrong to begin with.....that area isn't double walled, is it?
No, but double curves in steel are hard to bend, much harder a one-axis curve like the hood sides or the rear corners, which themselves are harder to bend than planar surfaces.
Sponsored