Sponsored

Fastest time to crack front windshield?

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
My 2017 JLU went through 3 before I traded it at 30,000 miles. The 2019 JLUR at 11,000 is still on the original. However getting a new windshield every 10,000 miles is actually pretty nice since due to the vertical windshield getting sandblasted and chipped they get pretty ugly after 10K miles
Sponsored

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
Mobile Glass company replaced mine this morning while I was working. Looks nice again, hoping it lasts alot longer this time 2.1k each time is not going to be good on the wallet.

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
when i got my insurance for my jeep i added in the windshield coverage to my policy for a whole $5 a year best $5 i have spent. they are doing road work between me and Vegas and i drive it 5 times a week and i have now gone thru 6 windshield.

WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi x 2, 2009 JKU Rubi and 1981 CJ7 Rubiwannabe
My first windshield I literally broke on the Test Drive, maybe 10 miles round trip, went inside to fill out the paperwork and came out and it had cracked. Truly shitty glass but oh well, I bought the insurance knowing full well I would get my moneys worth.

jconradtx

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler SS Sting Gray/Heritage Tan w/ 6spd, HT, Tech Pkg & Cold Pkg
Occupation
EMT/Instructor
I also got my first crack on the way home from the dealership after taking delivery. I am up to three cracks and nice sized chip as of 6 months of ownership. Granted I've already logged over 16k miles in that period but still. I refuse to replace it until I either A) get a fix-it ticket or B) its so cracked that I can't see out of it any longer.
Sponsored