Fastest time to crack front windshield?

Pruitts

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sahara JL
We are brand new to Jeep and brand new to Wrangler. We’ve owned our ‘18 JL exactly 3 weeks and are loving it, However, we welcomed a cracked windshield yesterday thanks to a generous pickup truck. Wondering who has the fastest record time for cracking theirs...

upload_2019-8-1_20-1-44.jpeg
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
We are brand new to Jeep and brand new to Wrangler. We’ve owned our ‘18 JL exactly 3 weeks and are loving it, However, we welcomed a cracked windshield yesterday thanks to a generous pickup truck. Wondering who has the fastest record time for cracking theirs...
Geez, that sucks! I'm at a little over 8 months and 10K miles and no windshield problems yet...:fingerscrossed:

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
sorry to hear that but you know the odds of getting another windshield crack in the future are somehow lower now , I think my dealer offered the first year free windshield replacement

Sponsored

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
I was given a JK rental while my JL was stuck at the dealer for a few days. I took a right out of the dealer lot, then about 300 feet later another right onto the highway. About 20 seconds after merging onto the highways. BAM, rock chip.

Mojito!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited JL
Vehicle Showcase
I barely made two weeks. Road trip to Virginia. I guess I'm in good company!

Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I made it about 6 weeks. It's a center crack about 1/3 down so I haven't replaced it yet since it's not in my line of vision. Plus I know I'll just immediately get another crack. Wranglers are suppose to have cracked windshields!

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired

upload_2019-8-1_20-1-44.jpeg
Got mine yesterday 4 months, 5,700 miles...

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Buddy of mine in his JL driving home from the dealer after being bought and the dealer took pity on him and replaced it for free

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I’m on my third windshield, since just over 10k miles. I’d recommend getting a low or 0 deductible “other than collision” policy.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
I had the windshield in my truck replaced yesterday, my glass guy said the JL is expensive. Main on my end because of the adaptive cruise control. When the windshield is replaced the camera has to be recalibrated.

He said all said in done about $900.

He also informed me there is a replacement windshield for the JL that's a Gorilla glass version from Mopar at the cost $700 just for the glass.....but it's supposed to be very strong
Sponsored