Factory Wiring for power locks

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
relatively new. I own a jlu sport With the 2.0 turbo. I am looking to install power doors in the factory style without an aftermarket system. Has anyone wired into the computer module? I have FCA service wiring guides and access to their service info. I am just wondering if anyone has tried to use parts from the Sport S to wire into the harness.
Sponsored

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
relatively new. I own a jlu sport With the 2.0 turbo. I am looking to install power doors in the factory style without an aftermarket system. Has anyone wired into the computer module? I have FCA service wiring guides and access to their service info. I am just wondering if anyone has tried to use parts from the Sport S to wire into the harness.
I wish I had answers, but I'm gonna follow this because I'm curious on what responses you wind up with...I'm in the same boat with a 2018 2-door Sport. Power locks are the only convenience I really miss. Back in the day I had several cars with crank windows so they're kind of a throwback, but the locks would be really nice to have when you're trying to load groceries and gear without having to fumble for a key.

OP
OP
lalalofsky

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
I wish I had answers, but I'm gonna follow this because I'm curious on what responses you wind up with...I'm in the same boat with a 2018 2-door Sport. Power locks are the only convenience I really miss. Back in the day I had several cars with crank windows so they're kind of a throwback, but the locks would be really nice to have when you're trying to load groceries and gear without having to fumble for a key.
It honestly wouldn’t be too bad, but its irritating on the 4dr that there are no external locks. And that the drivers door doesn’t power the passenger With the key lock. I’m making a list of connectors, the wiring, and the wiring diagram. I only wonder if it will work with the can bus (I think that’s what it’s called)
Sponsored