I'm looking for lockable locks for the engine Hood

Al Fred

First Name
Al Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe / KTM 1290 Super Adventure
Does anyone know such lockable locks from the aftermarket?
I don't want that anyone is able to get into the engine bay like that...
Sponsored

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
Are you recommending these from you using them or plucked from the internet ?
I recommend them. I have had them since I picked up my Jeep 3 years ago. They have survived routine service shops, and NYC winters. There is the bolt hood lock as well. Do a forum search, lots of good info on that one. Depends on what you want/need I guess.

Good luck!

Cajun21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Ram 1500
Sukemichi JL Hood Latches, Original Factory Locking Hood Latch Kit for 2018-2021 Jeep Wrangler JL & Jeep Gladiator JT, 1 Pair, Black
Something to look into. Hope it helps. ordered off good ole Amazon.

Sponsored

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr

Hohnan

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUW
Sukemichi JL Hood Latches, Original Factory Locking Hood Latch Kit for 2018-2021 Jeep Wrangler JL & Jeep Gladiator JT, 1 Pair, Black
Something to look into. Hope it helps. ordered off good ole Amazon.
I like the looks of those. One quick question, is the lower screw just a standard sized torx/philips head that can be removed instead of the locked end?

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I love the bolt products. Uses the factory key. I’d have their hood lock but I have the front trail camera so I can’t install it. I do use their hitch pin locks and trailer hasp lock. I also have one of their padlocks and steel braided cable to help secure my trailer spare tire to my trailer. It’s nice not having to carry all the extra keys.

Bolt 7032303 Hood Lock for 2018 & Newer Jeep Wrangler JL https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QY8JVT3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_WADJ8SNVG98NF3N72TRT

Cajun21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Ram 1500
I like the looks of those. One quick question, is the lower screw just a standard sized torx/philips head that can be removed instead of the locked end?
Torx not needed-ten and 13mm socket

Sponsored

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I had the hood latch lock. When I went to the dealer he never unlocked the latch and it opened as if I had nothing there! I then installed the mopar hood lock and it worked perfectly!

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
I had the hood latch lock. When I went to the dealer he never unlocked the latch and it opened as if I had nothing there! I then installed the mopar hood lock and it worked perfectly!
The Bolt hood lock is great, you don't need extra keys, and seems like it'd be better protection than the latches (?). However, one thing to note: the hood lock sits in the grill where a trail cam would ordinarily go. I was considering adding the Z Automotive trail cam, but Quadratec customer service told me you can't put the camera above or below it (maybe it would have to do with angles of how the camera is pointed? I haven't confirmed or looked into this more)
Sponsored