Sponsored

Factory key alternatives

Almost-clever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0 I4
So the time has come. My wife (or probably really me) lost my key so I have been using the spare....until today when we forgot it was in her purse and she went out of town for the morning leaving me unable to go to work. I say all of this to say that it is time to purchase a replacement key. If possible I'd like to find something after market that isnt so bulky and will fit better in my pocket. Has anybody had any luck finding an alternative or getting a locksmith/ace hardware/anybody but the dealer to program something that's not the giant key brick? realistically I don't need to carry the physical metal key around, just the remote and RFID chip to unlock and start the vehicle. I will still have the spare with the key for when we go doorless and need to lock the console but I'm looking for something more everyday carry friendly. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Almost-clever

Yes, DI labs just came out with a terrific Mini fob offering...
https://mythreedom.com/

But ..... You will still have/must to go to a Jeep dealer and order and have programmed a new factory fob.
You will need the circuit board and RFID chip from the factory fob to use with your new Mini fob.

Reactions: apb