Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't been on this thread in quite a while. I do need to get back out on a trail somewhere. My Jeep has become a road trip machine driving back and forth to Orlando.

The Snow has been the only time I've been in 4 wheel drive in months...
Sponsored

haligen

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Rubicon
Aight, got a camp site for the weekend of April 8th in Uwharrie. Guess I need to see if the outpost will still sell and mail passes over the phone. Iā€™d rather not fool with getting a pass when I get there if I can help it. Anyone else going to head out for the opening weekends?

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Aight, got a camp site for the weekend of April 8th in Uwharrie. Guess I need to see if the outpost will still sell and mail passes over the phone. Iā€™d rather not fool with getting a pass when I get there if I can help it. Anyone else going to head out for the opening weekends?
I can pretty much guarantee they won't do that over the phone based on the way they run it plus you would still need to stop in to actually get the pass. There is no way in the world they are going to mail it to you. I might be wrong but I don't see it happening.

haligen

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Rubicon
I can pretty much guarantee they won't do that over the phone based on the way they run it plus you would still need to stop in to actually get the pass. There is no way in the world they are going to mail it to you. I might be wrong but I don't see it happening.
They use to šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø Been years since Iā€™ve been up to Uwharrie though. Ranger station lady told me to call them because they would sell and mail. I was asking the rangers if the interagency pass covered ohv at the time and was told to call the outpost. Either way, just figured having it ahead of time would make thing easier but is whatever it is.

haligen

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Rubicon
Ok, after calling I was told they would sell and mail pass but they were really busy at the moment and to call back.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, after calling I was told they would sell and mail pass but they were really busy at the moment and to call back.
WOW! That's awesome and I'm shocked. Personally I used to love stopping in there and getting some snacks for the trail. Love that store, it's all part of the Uwharie experience for me :)

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

ChrisTay

First Name
ChrisTay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Hey yā€™all. We are going to be around the west Jefferson/Boone area next weekend. Are there any nice easy trails to drive around that area? Iā€™ve seen you guys talk about Wilson creek( thatā€™s closer to linville right?) but Iā€™ve never driven any mountain fire roads so donā€™t really know what to expect. Would just really love getting out in the jeep and seeing some nice scenery. Any pointers or leads on somewhere would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Hydro Blue JULRD
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Hey yā€™all. We are going to be around the west Jefferson/Boone area next weekend. Are there any nice easy trails to drive around that area? Iā€™ve seen you guys talk about Wilson creek( thatā€™s closer to linville right?) but Iā€™ve never driven any mountain fire roads so donā€™t really know what to expect. Would just really love getting out in the jeep and seeing some nice scenery. Any pointers or leads on somewhere would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Just south of there off of I-40 is Hurricane Creek Trail I believe, but I don't know if that's considered easy or not (haven't actually been there myself yet). I have seen some youtube videos showing stock JL's making it, and it's always best to run it with friends or others that have run it before.

The app OnX Offroad may help you find some other easier trails in that area as well.
Sponsored