Andrew05LJR

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Ive updated the title to reflect MY misunderstanding of what is their policy and many others on exchanges/returns.

Just to be clear, Ive been driving BMWs in the last few years and their vendors have different policies on exchanges and previously with Jeeps, I had a similar experience. I guess things have changed in the marketplace and thats on me. It is still my opinion, they should honor exchanges. The cost to them is minimal to my actual cost.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Andrew05LJR

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
You said your self its not a simple return..."These aren't small boxes so Im sure it'll cost me $30-40, maybe more to return"... If it were a problem with the quality, damage or something then they would totally pay for shipping. You didnt like the color, so i hate to say it but you should suck it up. On a recent high dollar order from Quadratec, I had an issue with something not working and they went above and beyond to send me parts to make it right.
My point is, on a corporate account, it'll cost them MUCH less for the return. REgardless, I have admitted fault in this scenario. Doesn't mean Im satisfied but it is what it is. I also updated the post title to reflect MY error

ericdrob67

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR EcoDiesel, '19 GMC Terrain, '16 Suburban
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, @ericdrob67 how was your experience putting that hood decal on? I have one arriving any day now and was just curious how you made out. Got mine from pixeldecals
Two people make it much easier. I ended up with a tiny wrinkle in mine(due to my impatience and trying to do it by myself) but its hardly noticeable. I was pretty worried until i got the heat gun out, had wrinkles everywhere! 99% of them came out completely. On a side note: I did it by myself on a 40 degree windy day, which caused nearly all of my problems. Watch the videos and take your time with some help and all should be well.

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Two people make it much easier. I ended up with a tiny wrinkle in mine(due to my impatience and trying to do it by myself) but its hardly noticeable. I was pretty worried until i got the heat gun out, had wrinkles everywhere! 99% of them came out completely. On a side note: I did it by myself on a 40 degree windy day, which caused nearly all of my problems. Watch the videos and take your time with some help and all should be well.
Thanks buddy!

ericdrob67

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR EcoDiesel, '19 GMC Terrain, '16 Suburban
Vehicle Showcase
I guess things have changed in the marketplace and thats on me. It is still my opinion, they should honor exchanges. The cost to them is minimal to my actual cost.
They are honoring an exchange, unfortunately you have to pay to send it back... Also their costs are not as minimal as you might think. They are paying S&H costs twice to get you the product you want due to a color change.

I get it, youre displeased the color wasnt what you thought it was and you have to pay to send it back, but such its just one of the many potential complications inherent with internet sales.

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Thanks buddy!
I'd also add removing the hood insulation is a bit of a pain, be careful not to break the plastic retainers. I used a trim removal tool and still damaged a few but they were still usable.

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I'd also add removing the hood insulation is a bit of a pain, be careful not to break the plastic retainers. I used a trim removal tool and still damaged a few but they were still usable.
I ordered replacement plastic retainers from @Quadratec to reinstall the liner. Quick delivery!!

Thanks for the heads up though

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
My point is, on a corporate account, it'll cost them MUCH less for the return. REgardless, I have admitted fault in this scenario. Doesn't mean Im satisfied but it is what it is. I also updated the post title to reflect MY error
Hello Andrew,

I do apologize for any confusion and trouble with our return policy. If the item was defective, damaged, or the incorrect item we would take care of the return shipping on that no problem. On returns/ exchanges customers are to pay the return shipping and we will cover the out bound shipping on the new item.

For the trouble with this, I would be happy to issue a return label for you at our cost of $12.00 for that item. If you would like me to do that for you I would be happy to have that sent for you. I will just need you to PM me with your order number and we can get that set up for you.

Again, I apologize for any misunderstanding and trouble this has caused.

Have a great day,
Hailey

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Hello Andrew,

I do apologize for any confusion and trouble with our return policy. If the item was defective, damaged, or the incorrect item we would take care of the return shipping on that no problem. On returns/ exchanges customers are to pay the return shipping and we will cover the out bound shipping on the new item.

For the trouble with this, I would be happy to issue a return label for you at our cost of $12.00 for that item. If you would like me to do that for you I would be happy to have that sent for you. I will just need you to PM me with your order number and we can get that set up for you.

Have a great day,
Hailey
@Andrew05LJR ⬆⬆⬆

OP
OP
Andrew05LJR

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hello Andrew,

Have a great day,
Hailey
Thank you Halley and I appreciate you reaching out to make me happy. Im not the type to take things for free or something Im not entitled for, so while I appreciate the offer, Ill pay the shipping as thats my responsibility. Again thank you.

I hope everyone can see that despite my error, Quadratec is a stand up company and will go out of their way to make sure everyone is satisfied. This is on me per the industry standard.

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Thank you Halley and I appreciate you reaching out to make me happy. Im not the type to take things for free or something Im not entitled for, so while I appreciate the offer, Ill pay the shipping as thats my responsibility. Again thank you.

I hope everyone can see that despite my error, Quadratec is a stand up company and will go out of their way to make sure everyone is satisfied. This is on me per the industry standard.
I know that I can find some things cheaper than @Quadratec . But I personally find their customer service to be excellent so I choose to shop there for that very reason. :like:

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL

You are very welcome! Thank you again for your understanding!

Have a great weekend!
Hailey

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
I know that I can find some things cheaper than @Quadratec . But I personally find their customer service to be excellent so I choose to shop there for that very reason. :like:
Very glad to hear! We strive to provide the best customer support as possible. When you do find items cheaper elsewhere we do offer a price match policy as well as the forum discount.

Have a great weekend!
Hailey
Sponsored