Exchange/Shipping Issue

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Ok so I did some research and admittedly, I am wrong here. 5 different vendors have the same policy. My experiences from vendors with different vehicles have different exchange policies which is where my frustration is from. Apologize for causing a sitr. Even despite all this, Quadratec offered a discounted return label when they didn't have to. This says volumes about them and I apologize for giving them a bad view.

Ok so maybe Im a bit of a b***h but Ive been ordering aftermarket parts for many different manufacturers since I was 16 and am really unhappy with Quadratec at this point. I ordered BoomMat hardtop headliner in grey. When I received the package and opened it, the grey looks very cheap foam and doesn't display well. I asked to exchange it out for black instead but was told I had to pay for return shipping?! These aren't small boxes so Im sure it'll cost me $30-40, maybe more to return. To this day I can not recall any aftermarket distributor charging me for a simple exchange, other than heavier pieces or a minor restocking fee for opened boxes, all very understandable. I used to have access to a corporate shipping account and know what it'd actually cost them compared to a consumer, so Im a little shocked thats their policy. Admittedly, this sounds petty but with all the options out there for aftermarket orders, I can not ever suggest Quadratec due to this stupid policy. Ive made the decision to return fully and take my business elsewhere.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Ok so maybe Im a bit of a b***h but Ive been ordering aftermarket parts for many different manufacturers since I was 16 and am really unhappy with Quadratec at this point. I ordered BoomMat hardtop headliner in grey. When I received the package and opened it, the grey looks very cheap foam and doesn't display well. I asked to exchange it out for black instead but was told I had to pay for return shipping?! These aren't small boxes so Im sure it'll cost me $30-40, maybe more to return. To this day I can not recall any aftermarket distributor charging me for a simple exchange, other than heavier pieces or a minor restocking fee for opened boxes, all very understandable. I used to have access to a corporate shipping account and know what it'd actually cost them compared to a consumer, so Im a little shocked thats their policy. Admittedly, this sounds petty but with all the options out there for aftermarket orders, I can not ever suggest Quadratec due to this stupid policy. Ive made the decision to return fully and take my business elsewhere.
98% of the time, return shipping is on the customer

Very unfair to slam Quaratec for this.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Unless it’s a mistake by the vendor or shipper’s part, return shipping should be at your expense. This is not unusual at all to me. Even Amazon dies this.

OP
OP
Andrew05LJR

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Maybe things have changed for the Jeep world since the last time I was in, but even simple exchanges have never been on my dime. If thats the case these days, then guess Im in the wrong. But Im taken back on it.

Amazon never has charged me for a return. Maybe cause of Prime membership?

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
Mail order companies in a competitive business like auto parts would go broke if they had to pay for every customers "change of mind" return shipping fee's. Most work on very small margins. They are not being unreasonable. Plus they probably shipped it to you for free?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Andrew05LJR

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Ok, well guess Im wrong here. Just went to 5 different vendors and they all they have the same policy. Guess Im spoiled from BMW vendors which never had an issue.

Ill update OP to reflect my mistake

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I’ve never paid for return shipping on clothes or other items? But I have never ordered vehicle parts online. The clothing businesses even pay return when I accidentally ordered the wrong size. That’s customer service that assures a lifetime customer. It may be different with a large automotive items.

OP
OP
Andrew05LJR

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I’ve never paid for return shipping on clothes or other items? But I have never ordered vehicle parts online. The clothing businesses even pay return when I accidentally ordered the wrong size. That’s customer service that assures a lifetime customer. It may be different with a large automotive items.
I agree but I guess this is standard protocol. I verified with 5 other vendors and they're all the same. I update my post to reflect Im an ass

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Depends on the reason for the return. If you just don't want the item you have to pay for it. THey'll take it out of the reimbursement. If its a mistake, damaged item etc then you don't pay for the return.

Honestly I agree with you on returns to a certain extent but in this case they did nothing wrong. You ordered an item, you ordered the color you picked and they sent it to you. You wanting to return something that literally cost 40-50 to return because you dont like how the color is is on you. They shouldn't be liable to pay just because oh after looking at it the color doesn't seem right.

ericdrob67

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR EcoDiesel, '19 GMC Terrain, '16 Suburban
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe things have changed for the Jeep world since the last time I was in, but even simple exchanges have never been on my dime. If thats the case these days, then guess Im in the wrong. But Im taken back on it.

You said your self its not a simple return..."These aren't small boxes so Im sure it'll cost me $30-40, maybe more to return"... If it were a problem with the quality, damage or something then they would totally pay for shipping. You didnt like the color, so i hate to say it but you should suck it up. On a recent high dollar order from Quadratec, I had an issue with something not working and they went above and beyond to send me parts to make it right.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Andrew05LJR

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Depends on the reason for the return. If you just don't want the item you have to pay for it. THey'll take it out of the reimbursement. If its a mistake, damaged item etc then you don't pay for the return.

Honestly I agree with you on returns to a certain extent but in this case they did nothing wrong. You ordered an item, you ordered the color you picked and they sent it to you. You wanting to return something that literally cost 40-50 to return because you dont like how the color is is on you. They shouldn't be liable to pay just because oh after looking at it the color doesn't seem right.
Fair enough. Everyone is entited to their opinion. I updated my post to reflect what seems common protocol. I am however, exchanging the item, no simply returning, up until this point.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

@Andrew05LJR

Quadratec did as most other vendor's do these days and rightfully so...

Do as I and many other's do now a days, and buy your goodies from Amazon, for just the reason you mentioned.

If you are a Prime Member, if the product is shipped and sold by or fulfilled by amazon, you will not pay return shipping and also you will have a lengthy time frame to look at the product and then return it, if you desire.

Fortunately, you can buy pretty much anything you want on Amazon these days.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
This situation is why brick and mortar stores will continue to exist.

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
You could take it up with the manufacture of the product. They might exchange it with you direct. Could not hurt to make a call.

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
You said your self its not a simple return..."These aren't small boxes so Im sure it'll cost me $30-40, maybe more to return"... If it were a problem with the quality, damage or something then they would totally pay for shipping. You didnt like the color, so i hate to say it but you should suck it up. On a recent high dollar order from Quadratec, I had an issue with something not working and they went above and beyond to send me parts to make it right.
Totally agree...had an issue with a cracked housing on the ARB dual compressor.

Called up Quadratec and they overnighted me a brand new one without even waiting for me to return the defective one. I paid the return costs on the defective one.

They may not always sell the best product(which isnt really there fault, but there customer service is spot on everytime I've had an issue.

Hey, @ericdrob67 how was your experience putting that hood decal on? I have one arriving any day now and was just curious how you made out. Got mine from pixeldecals
Sponsored