Sponsored

Evo Mfg extreme coil spring bow

ros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I recently purchased an evo lift kit from northridge4x4. After the install, I noticed the passenger front spring had a massive rearward bow to it almost touching the shock.
Jeep Wrangler JL Evo Mfg extreme coil spring bow IMG_3332

I checked the driver front, no problem there. I then checked the part number on the spring to see if it was on the correct side and checked the make sure it was seated correctly on the top and bottom isolators, everything checked out.
Jeep Wrangler JL Evo Mfg extreme coil spring bow IMG_3333

Jeep Wrangler JL Evo Mfg extreme coil spring bow IMG_3335

I then emailed northridge4x4 support to see what my options were. After a few email back and forth, the suggested I use a drivers side spring isolator ( Mopar Part #: 68342245AB ) on the passenger side spring where I'm having the problem. Ive personally never heard of this and it was also never mentioned in the evo instructions. Is this a legitimate fix for spring bow or is this a quick suggestion just to get me of of their back? I'm not sure whether I should actually try that and potentially waste my time or just ditch northridge all together and buy a new set of coils from a different site.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I recently purchased an evo lift kit from northridge4x4. After the install, I noticed the passenger front spring had a massive rearward bow to it almost touching the shock.

I checked the driver front, no problem there. I then checked the part number on the spring to see if it was on the correct side and checked the make sure it was seated correctly on the top and bottom isolators, everything checked out.

I then emailed northridge4x4 support to see what my options were. After a few email back and forth, the suggested I use a drivers side spring isolator ( Mopar Part #: 68342245AB ) on the passenger side spring where I'm having the problem. Ive personally never heard of this and it was also never mentioned in the evo instructions. Is this a legitimate fix for spring bow or is this a quick suggestion just to get me of of their back? I'm not sure whether I should actually try that and potentially waste my time or just ditch northridge all together and buy a new set of coils from a different site.
Can I see pic of drivers side ?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Being that the drivers side looks good, then my best guess is that it’s an isolator issue. You can get some RK bottom isolators for around 30.00. They correct the problem most of the time. I have to ask, even though it’s probably not the case, but are the control arms the same length side to side (passenger to driver).

OP
OP
ros

ros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Being that the drivers side looks good, then my best guess is that it’s an isolator issue. You can get some RK bottom isolators for around 30.00. They correct the problem most of the time. I have to ask, even though it’s probably not the case, but are the control arms the same length side to side (passenger to driver).
good question.. hahah ill have to go out and measure in the morning but thank you for the help ill have to try new isolators.

Sponsored

VolvDL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR / 08 F350
I have an EVO overland lift, and both of my front springs bowed. I put Rancho spring perches/isolators (probably incorrectly mixing terms) on and the springs were immediately straight.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I am still baffled how EVO mfg can get customers given their horrible qualities, is it just because they sponsoring couple of youtubers?

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I am still baffled how EVO mfg can get customers given their horrible qualities, is it just because they sponsoring couple of youtubers?
Yes probably and unfortunately.

I spent way too much on Evo trash. None of it is what they claim it is

For example the springs on my “Diesel Specific” Coilover lift probably would be barley adequate for a bone stock pentastar - surely way under for a heavily armored diesel.

Now with only 6k miles on their most expensive Coilover lift I am looking at replacing all 8 springs with Eibach ones. Not cheap… it’s gonna run me about $900 just in parts to replace some shit that I just bought and should’ve lasted for many years.

All because Evo does not spring or valve any of their shit correctly.

Thankfully @AccuTunedJL / @AccuTune Offroad has the knowledge to fix all these Evo blunders… within constraints of what Evo did originally of course…

There’s a reason EVO isn’t even on this forum. That alone should speak volumes about them and their products and customer service….

OP
OP
ros

ros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have an EVO overland lift, and both of my front springs bowed. I put Rancho spring perches/isolators (probably incorrectly mixing terms) on and the springs were immediately straight.
i went with rock krawler isolators but never got a chance to throw them on. if they dont work for me ill have to give the rancho's a shot. thank you

OP
OP
ros

ros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
i bought their coils because you can buy the kings valved for them. that bit me in the ass because now my passenger front king 2.5 has a long gouge down the side were the spring hits it.

Sponsored

SDhobbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I did the same with my 3.5 EVO Enforcer lift, Rancho spring isolators fixed the bowed spring issue for me too. I had heard EVO was now including the spring isolators with their lift kits, guess not.

SuperUltraMan

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, JL Wrangler Rubicon
Nope. Rancho isolators didn’t fix my bowed springs.
I have the 6.5” plush coils and they bowed so badly forwards.
My passenger side was made to bow more rearward but now inboard bowed, after cutting the rear of the Rancho isolator.
Driver side spring bows back and hits my trackbar reinforcement bracket even when driving over very small bumps.
Can’t cut the Rancho isolator on that side because it already slopes the way I would need.
Tired of this.
EVO said,”One out of every 10 or 12 spring sets will bow. It’s normal. Add isolator pads and more caster.”
Seriously?!
…Contacting Notthridge4x4 hoping they can help.

SuperUltraMan

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, JL Wrangler Rubicon
Is this happening with shorter springs?
4.5” EVO Plush coils?
Maybe I can swap to those with a spacer.