Dkretden

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I live just south of Pittsburgh and it seems like no one waves here either. I would venture to say waves are somewhere in the 15 maybe 20 percent range. It is quite sad honestly. I had been jeepless for 5 years and in that 5 year span it went from what seemed like 85 percent wave to what is now a pathetic near nothing. My previous jeep was modded, and this one is no longer stock so that really hasn't changed.

I get very discouraged with the lack of people that wave. I still wave but often feel like why the hell bother.

I honestly think Jeep dealers should educate people on the ideals of the Jeep wave upon purchase of a new Jeep. When I was much younger I had 2 different CJ5's and it was almost like an unwritten law that you waved. Everyone waved 20 years ago.
Move to Colorado. A 4 hour drive will break your arm!!!!!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dkretden

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I’m near Cleveland and it’s about 50%.

I have days where it’s 80-90%, and days where it feels like 20%.

It’s weird.
you need more mods. Worked for me.

Donta1979

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 & 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well a lot of times most just gave up on waving to stock Jeeps, then you have the pandemic purchasers who got their jeeps for 27-41k from a 2 door sport up to a Rubicon Unlimited. They have no idea about the wave. Then you have the more business class of people who buy it because its not as expensive as a Land/Range Rover/G-Wagon but is still a status symbol yet they do not participate in Jeep culture. Then there are the tunnel vision drivers.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This is going to sound totally sexist, but I’ve noticed that lady drivers are much more likely to suffer from “tunnel vision” at the wheel than men.

This is something I’ve noticed over the years, not just with regards to the Jeep wave. For some reason female drivers seem more oblivious of their surroundings. Perhaps a screaming child in the rear seat has something to do with it. Of course there are exceptions, but in general...

When another Wrangler driver doesn’t wave back, 3 times out of 4 is a lady driver.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I live just south of Pittsburgh and it seems like no one waves here either. I would venture to say waves are somewhere in the 15 maybe 20 percent range. It is quite sad honestly. I had been jeepless for 5 years and in that 5 year span it went from what seemed like 85 percent wave to what is now a pathetic near nothing. My previous jeep was modded, and this one is no longer stock so that really hasn't changed.

I get very discouraged with the lack of people that wave. I still wave but often feel like why the hell bother.

I honestly think Jeep dealers should educate people on the ideals of the Jeep wave upon purchase of a new Jeep. When I was much younger I had 2 different CJ5's and it was almost like an unwritten law that you waved. Everyone waved 20 years ago.
Bro I live 30 minutes north of the city.... everyone waves...... Hurry get out....

Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Currently working out of Atlanta staying in the city with a 23.4 mile trek to work..... NO Waves...... but that's ok I don't like it here anyway....

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
When another Wrangler driver doesn’t wave back, 3 times out of 4 is a lady driver.
These days you could get thrown in the slammer for waving without consent. Maybe it's safer to just not wave to ladies... Actually.. these days, that dude might be a lady... might be safer to not wave at all... or leave the house.

Speaking of... I never leave the house. Jeep sure looks nice in the garage though. I wave at it.

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
For me i dont wave and expect a wave back.. I wave out of respect and to show support for my fellow Jeep owners who understand this tradition and bond. If someone see my wave and doesn't wave back then thats their problem.. I wont change my ways!

But yes you are right even here in Arizona many dont wave back. Their loss.. i guess :)

Pattyolc

First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU Granite Crystal
Yes. But, do they wave back at you are do they just hate you too?
Inside the loop, I’m guessing that EVERYONE owns at least one Jeep Wrangler. So many, it’s tiring to have to wave all the time!
get a WAVE sticker and put it on lower windsheild or side rear view mirror..lol !

Gummiente62

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gummiente62.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sport, 97 C5 Corvette, 03 HD FXD
Occupation
Retired
Yep, that's been my experience as well. I wave and get a look like "Why is this old guy hitting on me?" in return. However, I've noticed this behaviour is more from the 4dr mall crawlers, the ladies in 2dr's (especially YJ, TJ, JK) always seem to wave back.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dkretden

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
These days you could get thrown in the slammer for waving without consent. Maybe it's safer to just not wave to ladies... Actually.. these days, that dude might be a lady... might be safer to not wave at all... or leave the house.

Speaking of... I never leave the house. Jeep sure looks nice in the garage though. I wave at it.
This is the most intricately conceived and thoughtfully developed plan yet. Bravo!

buzz998

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
@daveprice7

before today i wouldn't have agreed with your train of thought....alas my mind may have changed since i was out of the house in my jeep and officially joined the cracked windshield club doing 30 mph on a perfectly smooth road and nothing touched my windshield but wind....

so you might be on to something...lol

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
@daveprice7

before today i wouldn't have agreed with your train of thought....alas my mind may have changed since i was out of the house in my jeep and officially joined the cracked windshield club doing 30 mph on a perfectly smooth road and nothing touched my windshield but wind....

so you might be on to something...lol
It's dangerous out there on perfectly smooth roads.

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara, BMW 335i
Just picked up my first Jeep (my wife's second) on Friday. Was driving home the other day and was admiring a red Rubicon driving toward me in the opposite lane when I realized at the last moment the guy driving threw up a wave at me. It was too late for me to respond in kind, and then I immediately felt like a dick and a poser.

Some of us are just slow learners...

Micky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
have been to the outer banks NC on a jeep jamboree weekend. my hand got tired from so much waving. Then went to DC area and it feels like if you wave someone waves a middle finger back. Prefer everyone waving.
Sponsored