Dkretden

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
So, I just cancelled my appointment with a psychiatrist.

I just got back from Marble Falls Texas. I was waving and everybody was waving back, Turns out that not everybody hates me. Only people in Houston hate me, or perhaps anyone who lives in a town of more than 6,000 people hate me. Either way, I have friends!!!!!!
Sponsored

ASMSAS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
Sometimes Iā€™m driving my husbands F150 and I see and Jeep and wave. Then I remember Iā€™m in the wrong vehicle for that.

OP
OP
Dkretden

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Sometimes Iā€™m driving my husbands F150 and I see and Jeep and wave. Then I remember Iā€™m in the wrong vehicle for that.
So you are waving at Jeeps even from the wrong vehicle?

Sheesh, maybe everybody outside of Marble Falls TX really does hate me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dkretden

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
So.......

I moved to Colorado and everyone waves back at me now. There is one HUGE problem though..... there are so many Jeeps in this State that itā€™s exhausting to keep waving on a 4 hour trip!

Woof! Iā€™ve gone from having no friends to having too many!!!!! LOL

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
So.......

I moved to Colorado and everyone waves back at me now. There is one HUGE problem though..... there are so many Jeeps in this State that itā€™s exhausting to keep waving on a 4 hour trip!

Woof! Iā€™ve gone from having no friends to having too many!!!!! LOL
No sooner than I read this than I am off to my basement to create the Wavemaker (TM). It's a device that attaches to your front bumper and waves its motorized hand at the push of a button that the driver controls.

(automatic sensor to wave at oncoming vehicles sold separately; Wrangler/Gladiator specific automatic recognition kit will be part of release 2.0)

Tdurden032

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
The Jeep wave tradition is strong up here in STL - there are a lot Jeep owners, probably 75% oh which will waive, and honestly, itā€™s fun, especially for my daughters as they like to participate

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Waves and friends, seriously? Your Jeep is your friend and no electrical issues is better than a wave. Drive and enjoy your Jeep.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Jeeps EVERYWHERE. Iā€™m waving. Nobody is waving back. Everyone hates me?
Same here in the Dallas area. I think it's a city thing- lots of people think the Jeep is a cool vehicle and buy them for status, they aren't real Jeep people inside.

Sponsored

WhiskeyChick24

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I am driving my first Jeep. Itā€™s two weeks old.

I live in Houston. Jeeps EVERYWHERE

Iā€™m waving. Nobody is waving back.

Everyone hates me?
LOL! Are you doing a full hand out the window ā€œregular waveā€? A stiff-armed, cupped palm ā€œPrincess waveā€, or a few finger lift on the right hand while maintaining contact with the wheel at the 12:00 position ā€œJeep waveā€? :LOL:

OP
OP
Dkretden

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
LOL! Are you doing a full hand out the window ā€œregular waveā€? A stiff-armed, cupped palm ā€œPrincess waveā€, or a few finger lift on the right hand while maintaining contact with the wheel at the 12:00 position ā€œJeep waveā€? :LOL:
I need to do them all, variously, here in Colorado. If I donā€™t, I could easily get an OSHA Repetitive Strain Injury On a 4 hour drive through the mountains.

OP
OP
Dkretden

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Same here in the Dallas area. I think it's a city thing- lots of people think the Jeep is a cool vehicle and buy them for status, they aren't real Jeep people inside.
Or maybe Texans just donā€˜t like us?

Last edited:

buzz998

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I live just south of Pittsburgh and it seems like no one waves here either. I would venture to say waves are somewhere in the 15 maybe 20 percent range. It is quite sad honestly. I had been jeepless for 5 years and in that 5 year span it went from what seemed like 85 percent wave to what is now a pathetic near nothing. My previous jeep was modded, and this one is no longer stock so that really hasn't changed.

I get very discouraged with the lack of people that wave. I still wave but often feel like why the hell bother.

I honestly think Jeep dealers should educate people on the ideals of the Jeep wave upon purchase of a new Jeep. When I was much younger I had 2 different CJ5's and it was almost like an unwritten law that you waved. Everyone waved 20 years ago.

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Iā€™m near Cleveland and itā€™s about 50%.

I have days where itā€™s 80-90%, and days where it feels like 20%.

Itā€™s weird.
Sponsored