DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking at Fram.com to see what air and cabin filters the JL 3.6 takes. The air filter is said to be the CA10348 and the cabin air filter is the CF11777, which is the Fresh Breeze filter with baking soda and carbon embedded media. Anyone know if those re correct?

I'm not replacing them for awhile, but want to have them on hand. My JL will be sucking dust in Moab in about a month, so I'll be replacing them after that trip.

I'm wondering if these are JK items, or if maybe the JK and 3.6 JL use the same filters?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@DanW

Well, I do know for a fact that the JL takes:
OEM Cabin Air Filter part # MOPAR 68301863AA

Cost is around $10.00+- on eBay, amazon, etc..

Filter for the JL is different then the JK. The cradle that hold the cabin filter is not the same in the JL and JK.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW

Well, I do know for a fact that the JL takes:
OEM Cabin Air Filter part # MOPAR 68301863AA

Cost is around $10.00+- on eBay, amazon, etc..

Filter for the JL is different then the JK. The cradle that hold the cabin filter is not the same in the JL and JK.
That's what I was wondering, and Fram's website lists 2018 "Wrangler" and "JK Wrangler." It sounds to me like they aren't 100% up to date yet. I'll call them to see if they can cross reference the Mopar cabin filter. I'll be looking to replace these filters upon my return from Moab in October. They'lll be saturated with dust by then.

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
i was just looking at the fram store on walmart for our jeeps as i picked up the xg synth oil filter, looking at the air filters i was confused. you might take a look online there dan and see if you can decipher it. they show wrangler jk and wrangler in the drop down search so i'm guessing wrangler option sounds like us. ?

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i was just looking at the fram store on walmart for our jeeps as i picked up the xg synth oil filter, looking at the air filters i was confused. you might take a look online there dan and see if you can decipher it. they show wrangler jk and wrangler in the drop down search so i'm guessing wrangler option sounds like us. ?
It does sound like us, but then it is the same filter for the 2018 JK 3.6, so I'm not sure. I need to maybe go to the dealership and physically look.

I'll call Fram when I get a chance and see what they say. When my 2015 Ford Transit came out, it was a new design. They didn't have it on the web site, but were able to give me the oil filter part number, at least.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does sound like us, but then it is the same filter for the 2018 JK 3.6, so I'm not sure. I need to maybe go to the dealership and physically look.

I'll call Fram when I get a chance and see what they say. When my 2015 Ford Transit came out, it was a new design. They didn't have it on the web site, but were able to give me the oil filter part number, at least.
@DanW
As I mentioned earlier, the JL and JK cabin air filter are definitely not the same.

Seems to be a common thing these days, to see parts listed as Wrangler JK and Wrangler. Wrangler is the JL part.

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
So have you guys figured out what # would it be for other manufacturers? Fram? Cant seem to find it

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So have you guys figured out what # would it be for other manufacturers? Fram? Cant seem to find it
Fram does not have an engine air filter yet and they told me it won't be anytime soon. They do list a cabin air filter, but it might be the JK. I didn't ask about that. I'm just going Mopar until they come out. I've got to buy a set of filters to put in after being in dusty Moab in a couple weeks.

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Fram does not have an engine air filter yet and they told me it won't be anytime soon. They do list a cabin air filter, but it might be the JK. I didn't ask about that. I'm just going Mopar until they come out. I've got to buy a set of filters to put in after being in dusty Moab in a couple weeks.
Oh okay...thank you.

The one listed isn't for the JL, I went to Autozone and they told me the one listed isnt for the JL as previously mentioned. Find it kind of dumb for companies to be missing out on profits for such a simple thing, specially with the amount of sales. But who knows, maybe it's because the cabin filters aren't changed as regularly and due to not every model having one. Going Mopar also.

TMJL2018

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Technology & part-time Google mechanic
Clubs

I went to Autozone tonight and they don't have the JL engine air filter. Does anyone know for sure?

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I went to Autozone tonight and they don't have the JL engine air filter. I think the Mopar part number is 68301863AA . It looks like it's for the JL, but I'm confirming. Does anyone know for sure?
I believe this is the correct part number: 68257030AA

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)