Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
130k miles is nothing, though.
That’s as far as I can tell you. I don’t have it anymore. In the 100K miles that I used the dry filter, there were no issues.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
After 18,000+ miles, on the AFE Dry filter, it looks pretty clean. Sure there was some dust, sand and a few bugs, but it was still pretty white. I blew all the crud out, with compressed air, and stuck it back in. I didn't think it was anywhere near grimy enough, to wash it out with Simple Green.

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I clean mine with Windex with Vinegar Glass Cleaner Spray. (Cleaned filter with it a few times)

Spray soak the filter well, let sit 5 minutes of so and then rinse off with copious amounts of tap water. Then swing the filter around to get most of the water out of it and then leave the filter out in the Sun to dry.

A bit of Simple Green would do the deed also...

Manufacturer of filter, cautions against (says not to use) using compressed air on the filter to force water out / to try to dry the filter.

Anyway, the Windex with Vinegar Spray works well... and inexpensive.

718PaKOWevL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
I bought 2 of these after reading your post, thanks for the tip. Plus it cleans windows pretty well too.

1BadManVan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara/2018 Durango R/T
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
Our AFE just showed up today, replacing the K&N drop in. Holy is this filter a lot heavier and thicker than the k&n lol. Feel more confident using this one, will just hold onto the K&N as a back up whenever I need to clean this.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Our AFE just showed up today, replacing the K&N drop in. Holy is this filter a lot heavier and thicker than the k&n lol. Feel more confident using this one, will just hold onto the K&N as a back up whenever I need to clean this.
I saved my OEM one, for when I have to do deep clean, and soak, on the AFE. So far, I do like the AFE Dry, a lot.

1BadManVan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
I saved my OEM one, for when I have to do deep clean, and soak, on the AFE. So far, I do like the AFE Dry, a lot.
Yea i threw out the oem one already, k&n wont kill anything if it’s gotta be used for a day in between, might as well get some worth out of it lol.

1BadManVan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
Did you ever do a used oil analysis?
Well theres a guy on the bobistheoilgiy forum that runs this pro dry filter on his 600k mile civic and his silicon reading dropped to 9 from the 10-11 readings he consistently got. And he’s ran multiple uoa’s on it. So clearly it’s doing a fine job

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
Got mine in today. I dont know why but it is a PITA to find just regular filters around me. This should do the job nicely.

1BadManVan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
Got mine in today. I dont know why but it is a PITA to find just regular filters around me. This should do the job nicely.
That was me finding a cabin air filter for this thing lol. I end up doing the k&n cabin air filter kit instead.

Still very impressed with the built quality of this AFE filter, very heavy duty.
Sponsored