Sponsored

Dual top?

Wdh777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hoping to get a JLL
i was set on the power top for convienience but wonder how it would be in the winter. Now considering a dual top since maybe that would be the best of both worlds and the soft top leaves more of the Jeep open in the summer vs power top. So question, how easy is it to switch from the hard top to the soft top in the dual top,version? Is it easier on the JL vs the JK? Does anyone have a video showing it? Thanks
Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
i was set on the power top for convienience but wonder how it would be in the winter. Now considering a dual top since maybe that would be the best of both worlds and the soft top leaves more of the Jeep open in the summer vs power top. So question, how easy is it to switch from the hard top to the soft top in the dual top,version? Is it easier on the JL vs the JK? Does anyone have a video showing it? Thanks
JK and JL hardtops are pretty identical. Removal is the same. Soft top is mechanically different from JK but installation is essentially the same. The owner’s manual details the installation of the soft top when purchasing the dual top option.

Watching videos of the JK will give you an idea of what’s involved if you can’t find any JL specific videos.

seals02

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Purchased JL rubicon with Dual top... Inside the large box of the soft top parts were smaller boxes. One of the larger smaller boxes was completely empty though... Anyone else have an empty box or what am I missing?

JL2018

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi. Granite Crystal
Occupation
Realtor
Did anyone who has ordered the dual top package install the soft top yet?

I'd love to hear your comments on the process and see some pics

OP
OP

Wdh777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hoping to get a JLL
Watched on jk video and it does take some time. In the video it said you can’t take the Jeep through a car wash with a soft top on. Is this true? An you do a car wash with the power top?

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
I sent my JK through a car wash with premium soft top every week. I just asked them to not use the brush on the soft windows. Never had a single issue.

F8B0D438-BD67-4F75-91D3-756640ADBCA6.jpeg
Sponsored