Sponsored

Louisromersh

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel
Cool, are you still on the stock axles? And if so have you done any reinforcement? Also what size lift did you go with? Thanks in advance just ordered my JLURD so planing upgrade is fun right now!
Sponsored

OP
OP
thrasher949

thrasher949

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Cool, are you still on the stock axles? And if so have you done any reinforcement? Also what size lift did you go with? Thanks in advance just ordered my JLURD so planing upgrade is fun right now!
stock axles, stock gears. For now it’s a Metalcloak game changer 3.5. Once my Kings are made it will have 2.5” coil overs in the front and just full adjustable standard shocks in the rear.

OP
OP
thrasher949

thrasher949

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
are these basically a stock type liner designed to work with fender splits ?
yes. Why would anyone buy metal liners, when they have to paint them and bolt them in? Your cost is around $800.... the paramounts don’t need to be painted and won’t scratch and are $300 for front and rear.

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Nice work on you rig.
And, of course a really great color (I am biased).

Any issue with 40's and the back tires rubbing on the body on the back of the fender well?
Any issues with 40's and the steering system (e.g., hard to turn when off roading)

Sponsored

OP
OP
thrasher949

thrasher949

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Nice work on you rig.
And, of course a really great color (I am biased).

Any issue with 40's and the back tires rubbing on the body on the back of the fender well?
Any issues with 40's and the steering system (e.g., hard to turn when off roading)
I mean 40s are a lot of work to fit. I definitely did some trimming in the rear and I probly have a little more to trim. I’m at 3 pucks for bumps right now.

So far steering they have felt fine, no power steering overheating, but I didn’t have to go lower than 13 psi so far.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
yes. Why would anyone buy metal liners, when they have to paint them and bolt them in? Your cost is around $800.... the paramounts don’t need to be painted and won’t scratch and are $300 for front and rear.
I don’t disagree. Also seems like the metal ones leave a lot of pristine paint exposed. Do these cover more? Your rear wheel wheels seem to have a lot of paint open but I don’t know how they look otherwise

OP
OP
thrasher949

thrasher949

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I don’t disagree. Also seems like the metal ones leave a lot of pristine paint exposed. Do these cover more? Your rear wheel wheels seem to have a lot of paint open but I don’t know how they look otherwise
I actually took the time to tape off those areas and paint them
With bed liner paint. It also covers up the white factory fender clips as well.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ds in a Bikini 2FFA62A0-4529-45D1-AFFF-CE50AFB1B9BB
Jeep Wrangler JL Ds in a Bikini 66EDDDE4-2742-407F-A828-7399C59EA82C

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
So this has been the most annoying Jeep build ever so here is a lift of hurdles I ran into besides parts taking forever to get. Mind you I have decades of experience wrenching professionally.

1. Metalcloak- They put rear springs in the front spring box, then shipped them ground fedex took 9 days to get. If this wasnt a spare vehicle Id be exceptionally pissed.
2. Motobilt tire carrier - The hinge brackets were warped and had to be bent into place to get them to line up, a real bitch since it was painted already
3. TPM sensors, apparently the 2020 models are not so great with aftermarket scanners, so I will probly have to pay for the dealer to program, TBD at the moment.
4. AAL led DRLs - Extremely long lead time. They will trigger a light out warning even if you already have leds factory. You would think after spending $400 they would include the harness adapters that is suppose to eliminate that but they don't. Another $50 and I still get random warnings from them. Not to mention the connectors were wired so cheaply that all the wires slid out of the connector while trying to install the adapters. I will have to use a tazer to make this problem go away.
5. UpDownAir- Ordered from Northridge, JL mount kit came destroyed in the box with the wrong bracket
6. ARB compressor - You have to bypass the extra switch harness by jumping the black and purple wire together on the 3rd connector so you can utilize the Aux switch. The pins in the connector were in the wrong holes on the supplied harness.
7. Rockslide steps - Bad motor/shock assembly on one side, would not retract right out of the box.
8. Dana Spicer diff covers - Metal logo cover detached from cover in the box
9. Gorilla lug nuts - 2 had the tops smashed in, completely unusable

So what did I have Zero problems with...

KMC Wheels
Patagonia tires
Baja Designs
Rebel Bumpers
Yeti Drag link/Tie Rod
Factor 55
Warn
67 Designs phone mount
I think without merit. you can call this the "COVID-19" build!!! LoL

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
I was thinking about doing the same to mine and that part below the crease going around the rear and the pinch seam.

I actually took the time to tape off those areas and paint them
With bed liner paint. It also covers up the white factory fender clips as well.

Sponsored

DARAMOS

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimted Sport
Still waiting on the front fender parts but the rear is now complete. Paramount liners and stock split

Jeep Wrangler JL Ds in a Bikini E3021927-2E6B-4DBC-9C72-111AE3448F35

do you have a link to the fender liners? i have no luck finding it. also what is the "stock split" NEWB here.

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
FWIW,

If you don't like the white plastic clips that hold on the fender, American Adventure Labs makes some clips that are much better, IMHO.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ds in a Bikini IMG_20190502_104405-1536x1152

OP
OP
thrasher949

thrasher949

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
FWIW,

If you don't like the white plastic clips that hold on the fender, American Adventure Labs makes some clips that are much better, IMHO.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ds in a Bikini IMG_20190502_104405-1536x1152
I replaced every damn clip when I took em off, no problems yet
Sponsored