Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
The issue continues on my passenger seat, actually it's even louder than before, going to have to take it back but to a different dealership. Can't believe they dont test it before they return the vehicle.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Update: the popping noise is starting to come back. The replacement seat track fixed it for about 1000 miles and now it's starting again. Guess I'll have it replaced again..
The issue continues on my passenger seat, actually it's even louder than before, going to have to take it back but to a different dealership. Can't believe they dont test it before they return the vehicle.
If you would like an extra layer of assistance while your Jeeps are in at the dealership, please feel free to send us a private message. I knwo how frustrating repeat repairs can be and would be happy to assist further.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

jmcl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara
Today I discovered what is making popping sound on my passenger seat. The machined fitting has 1/8" of movement when I apply pressure. This probably should have been spot welded. I applied some lithium grease and popping is temporarily gone.

Screenshot_20200501-114728_Gallery.jpg

jmcl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara
I don't see how that is possible. I think the only real fix would be to weld those two pieces. I wonder if the newer frames that are being replaced are different.

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
I don't see how that is possible. I think the only real fix would be to weld those two pieces. I wonder if the newer frames that are being replaced are different.
There were definite changes to the frame/part number when I got my replacement frame the first and second time. The second time they also replaced the internal mechanisms of the seat adjustment and that resolved everything for me.

Sponsored

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Does anyone know if this is still a thing? My July 2021 build Jeep is experiencing this, seems like it should have been a running change but if itā€™s still likely a candidate for a fox Iā€™ll make an appointment with the dealer. I never had or noticed this problem with my 2018.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Does anyone know if this is still a thing? My July 2021 build Jeep is experiencing this, seems like it should have been a running change but if itā€™s still likely a candidate for a fox Iā€™ll make an appointment with the dealer. I never had or noticed this problem with my 2018.
If you need support while at your dealer for this, S2k Chris, please reach out. We are in private message to discuss.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored