EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Hear hear!! Letā€™s get a group buy to incentive them!! Hook (pun) us up!!!

As for the woman bashing/hating/truth telling (šŸ¤£)ā€¦ you guys do realize they do that šŸ’© on purpose, right? Itā€™s a test to see how much youā€™re willing to put up with.

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU, 2006 LJ, 2006 Wrangler Pickup
Tell them let's do this, i don't even care which one, whatever is fastest.
Time to market for both versions would be the same. They told me they are targeting availability next month but I don't know how firm that is.

Personally I like version 2 better (the tall pocket) because I think that flows better with the lines of the door panel.

Hear hear!! Letā€™s get a group buy to incentive them!! Hook (pun) us up!!!
They might entertain a group buy, I'll pass the comment along to them.

I like the second style. I would buy something like this. I would prefer black with red accents to match my interior though.
For the JK/JKU version, they just do black canvas with brown leather accents (it's real leather, not vinyl). They haven't done any other colors but in some quantity (a group buy?) they might be willing/able to do some color other than brown leather or black canvas.

BTW here's another product they recently introduced that works well in the JL/JLU/Gladiator, it comes in tan canvas/brown leather and black canvas/brown leather:

Jeep Wrangler JL Door nets recommendations? NavigatorConsoleJL2(1)

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
What about something like this? Overland Outfitters recently released door pockets for the JK/JKU and they're now planning to do something similar for the JL/JLU/Gladiator. Here are two prototypes:

Design2b.jpg

Design1b.jpg

They're trying to decide which version to go with; if anyone has any feedback post it and I'll forward it on to them.

They've also done a Molle version for the JK/JKU but the pocket version is much more popular so they tell me they might not to a Molle version for the JL.

JKMolle2.jpg
Do you have a link or picture of the molle version for the JK/JKU? I looked on their website and canā€™t find it. I wanted to see how easy/difficult it would be to modify an existing molle panel, pouch, etc. to make it work.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have a link or picture of the molle version for the JK/JKU? I looked on their website and canā€™t find it. I wanted to see how easy/difficult it would be to modify an existing molle panel, pouch, etc. to make it work.
Photos of the JK/JKU Molle/Pocket panel were included in my original post, but here's a larger photo for a better view:

MollePanelPsgr1.jpg

BTW The brown strips on the panel are real leather.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Photos of the JK/JKU Molle/Pocket panel were included in my original post, but here's a larger photo for a better view:

MollePanelPsgr1.jpg

BTW The brown strips on the panel are real leather.
Thanks. I was expecting the entire section to be molle vs partial. Iā€™ll see if I can come up with a DYI full molle mod. I can see why it wasnā€™t very popular for the JK.​

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I was expecting the entire section to be molle vs partial. Iā€™ll see if I can come up with a DYI full molle mod.
The Molle is only in the front because the rest of the panel is close to the seat when the door is closed and there isn't really enough room between the seat and the door to hang any Molle gear.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The Molle is only in the front because the rest of the panel is close to the seat when the door is closed and there isn't really enough room between the seat and the door to hang any Molle gear.
I was thinking of a built-in slim molle pouch by the seat section which is wide enough for gloves, basic tools, etc. and a wider built-in pouch in the forward section. If there is enough room for gloves, etc. with the net version, there *should* be enough room for a thinner molle pouch if the mounting points are recessed with the door curve vs flat where the net is currently at. Iā€™ll give it a try and report back.

CaliMat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I like the second version better, I am also in on a group buy. And I second an all black version. Are the also thinking of doing one for the rear doors?

Sponsored

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I never once, in nine years, used the door nets on my JK. Not a single time. Nevertheless, by the time I sold it, they were a sagging mess, constantly getting caught on my boots. All I can figure is that the SoCal triple-digit heat killed the elastic in them over the years. Useless garbage.

I would love to have some sort of replacement for them in the JL. Molle would be nice, but I'd settle for a net made out of something that doesn't stretch over time. Paracord, maybe. Heck, maybe just slim plastic trim pockets.

Also, y'all... women tend to have shorter legs than men on average. Makes it harder to reach in one step from the ground to the floor mats in a Jeep, even at stock height but especially if lifted. Problem is compounded by most womens' clothing typically being designed in a more restrictive cut, reducing range of movement further. It's not a 'lack of respect' it's a lack of reach. :facepalm:

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
both my wife and I jam some stuff in mine the JL nets. Havenā€™t noticed any sagging/stretching. I HAVE gotten my hiking boot lace hooks caught A couple of time and for this reason would consider the pouches above.

there isnā€™t much room (depth) there so I would be curious to see if the pouches start to rub on my leg (non-starter for me if so).

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the second version better, I am also in on a group buy. And I second an all black version. Are the also thinking of doing one for the rear doors?
The company says based on feedback the second version is the one they'll be going with, that has gotten the most interest:

Jeep Wrangler JL Door nets recommendations? Design1b

They're initially doing them for the front doors and say if there's enough interest in a version for the rear doors they will do them as well.

I passed on the idea of a group buy to them and they're open to the idea. They would be willing to do the group buy with trim other than brown leather if everyone in the group buy wanted, say, black on black, they would be willing to do that. If someone wants to organize a group buy, they can contact the company through the web site (https://www.overland-outfitters.com).

there isnā€™t much room (depth) there so I would be curious to see if the pouches start to rub on my leg (non-starter for me if so).
The JL/JLU/Gladiator version hasn't been tested in a Jeep yet (they may be looking for an early adopter to do some testing), but the company had a JKU with the pockets installed at the New Jersey Jeep Invasion last week and some people who were wondering the same thing got in the Jeep to try it out and the company tells me nobody had a problem with the pockets hitting their leg.

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I like the second style. I would buy something like this. I would prefer black with red accents to match my interior though.
I agree with Style #2, if it matches the Rubicon red interior.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Someone with some skills should make a molle solution to this. Doesnā€™t need to be a useable ā€œnetā€ but a place where you can mount different accessories like a zipper bag or a cup holderā€¦ I would do it but I donā€™t have said ā€œskills.ā€ My idea is free though!
Sounds like a great solution.
Sponsored