First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.r3offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon 2008 jku 2006 lj
2000 miles on a jlu rubi and about 3 miles of that has been gravel road.
Here is what they look like now.
Has any one else started to see this issue with there jl

Matt,

IMG_4314.JPG

IMG_4317.JPG

IMG_4318.JPG
Sponsored

Redleg22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have had this happen with every Wrangler I have ever owned. Mine was never that bad at only 2000 miles though.

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
I assume you have the stock KO2s?

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I do not have my JL yet. I plan on placing small pieces of clear, 3M or Xpel protective vinyl on the leading edge/front side the door hinges. Will do this on day one of ownership.

Skippy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco 351W, 2021 Rubicon 4xe
I had the issue with my 2013 JKUR but no where near that bad. My GF lives on a dirt road and I had aftermarket wheels. I wonder if they have skimped on the paint for this year. I would be bummed and Im sorry yours looks that bad. I purchased some clear 8mil adhesive to put on mine. Looks like I better do it sooner rather than later.

Sponsored

OP
OP
R 3

R 3

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.r3offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Yes the jeep is 100% stock. the reason i posted this was to see if it is a defect in paint? possibly a adhesion issue? I have a 08 jk and also 06 lj and neither of them have a single rock chip and have been all around the country and neither are stock.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I had the issue with my 2013 JKUR but no where near that bad. My GF lives on a dirt road and I had aftermarket wheels. I wonder if they have skimped on the paint for this year. I would be bummed and Im sorry yours looks that bad. I purchased some clear 8mil adhesive to put on mine. Looks like I better do it sooner rather than later.
Yes, either get it on there right away or get a new GF that lives on a paved road ! ;)

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Yes the jeep is 100% stock. the reason i posted this was to see if it is a defect in paint? possibly a adhesion issue? I have a 08 jk and also 06 lj and neither of them have a single rock chip and have been all around the country and neither are stock.
Not, not a factory paint issue/shortcoming. You would be wise to get OEM touchup paint and touch-up asap. Then apply 3M or Xpel film.

Skippy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the stuff I ended up ordering for mine. I am also going to put it on the door sills as my dog seems to have a hard time jumping in to the back and her claws hit paint all the time casuing light scuffing. Plus it gives me enough to do the underside of my mountain bikes too

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
This is the stuff I ended up ordering for mine. I am also going to put it on the door sills as my dog seems to have a hard time jumping in to the back and her claws hit paint all the time casuing light scuffing. Plus it gives me enough to do the underside of my mountain bikes too
Yup, your choice of 4" wide was a good choice. Be sure to clean area well with rubbing alcohol. Don't just use cutesy little alcohol wipe, buy the big boy size alcohol bottle at the drugstore for $1.45+. After applying film wax the whole area. Wax that area each time you wax the vehicle.

Skippy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup, your choice of 4" wide was a good choice. Be sure to clean area well with rubbing alcohol. Don't just use cutesy little alcohol wipe, buy the bog boy size alcohol bottle at the drugstore for $1.45+. After applying film wax the whole area. Wax that area each time you wax the vehicle.
I did get the alcohol already. Although I didn't get the large bottle. Maybe I should go get a second one just in case. Thank you for the advise on that. I will take note of the waxing as well. Something so simple could really have a negative affect like that. Thank you

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I did get the alcohol already. Although I didn't get the large bottle. Maybe I should go get a second one just in case. Thank you for the advise on that. I will take note of the waxing as well. Something so simple could really have a negative affect like that. Thank you
Aaron, (my one Son's name also) Yes, use plenty of alcohol to get wax off of the area you are applying to. Also, you may want to lightly warm up the area after you clean with alcohol. Use a hair dryer. While application area is warm from hair dryer, do the application.

DO, YouTube viewing of how to apply 3M or Xpel film. There is a trick to it.

OP
OP
R 3

R 3

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.r3offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
The heli tape is what I plan on putting on it.
I am going to Cnc cut out of a sheet so they fit good. Should have done it sooner I just have never had this issue.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.