Door hinge rock chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geos7812

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Awesome. Glad to hear it. Which hinge is the “bullseye” for rocks? I would assume the two lowers on a 4 door but not sure. I would like to start my install on the least likely to be hit and move to the bullseye.
@R 3 Are the two lower hinges the ones most likely to be struck? It sure seems logical. However, I don’t have a Jeep so I can’t see the “spray” pattern.

Thanks,

Geoff

Advertisement

OP
R 3

R 3

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.r3offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon 2008 jku 2006 lj
@R 3 Are the two lower hinges the ones most likely to be struck? It sure seems logical. However, I don’t have a Jeep so I can’t see the “spray” pattern.

Thanks,

Geoff
In this order take it with a grain of salt lol The least likely to be struck are the front uppers followed by the rear uppers ( how ever I did have chips on both)
The lower front and rear of my Jeep took it the worst.

Geos7812

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
In this order take it with a grain of salt lol The least likely to be struck are the front uppers followed by the rear uppers ( how ever I did have chips on both)
The lower front and rear of my Jeep took it the worst.
Thanks. I will start upper front and move clockwise. You need to design JLUR mudflats.

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9/1/20.............................................Am quitting the forum!..........Just an occasional lurker from now on...
Does anyone have any experience with these?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CDCV5YX/
I have saw them on a JL.. a local guy, I know, installed them. I did not care for the look. Real obvious... to me, they stand out in a negative way.

They are something for crap to collect under/on, something to fall off.

I prefer film protection which is very hard to see.. I have @R 3 film on my JL and am real please with the product/fit of same.

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder lets say. Some guys/gals might like the carbon fiber look, colors, etc..

quietpeen

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I bought this kit from R 3 and I will say it’s great but apparently I took too long to install it because shortly after 1000 miles on my JLUR I got a chip on the lower passenger rear door hinge. Not a huge chip but it’s still there and wasn’t there when the kit from R 3 was delivered...so don’t wait...order these today and install them immediately.

649ED11F-991E-4F05-948E-986C4D34F33B.jpeg

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

JTopsUSA

Advertisement