Door hinge rock chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Awesome. Glad to hear it. Which hinge is the “bullseye” for rocks? I would assume the two lowers on a 4 door but not sure. I would like to start my install on the least likely to be hit and move to the bullseye.
@R 3 Are the two lower hinges the ones most likely to be struck? It sure seems logical. However, I don’t have a Jeep so I can’t see the “spray” pattern.

Thanks,

Geoff
Sponsored

OP
OP
R 3

R 3

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.r3offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon 2008 jku 2006 lj
@R 3 Are the two lower hinges the ones most likely to be struck? It sure seems logical. However, I don’t have a Jeep so I can’t see the “spray” pattern.

Thanks,

Geoff
In this order take it with a grain of salt lol The least likely to be struck are the front uppers followed by the rear uppers ( how ever I did have chips on both)
The lower front and rear of my Jeep took it the worst.

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
In this order take it with a grain of salt lol The least likely to be struck are the front uppers followed by the rear uppers ( how ever I did have chips on both)
The lower front and rear of my Jeep took it the worst.
Thanks. I will start upper front and move clockwise. You need to design JLUR mudflats.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Does anyone have any experience with these?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CDCV5YX/
I have saw them on a JL.. a local guy, I know, installed them. I did not care for the look. Real obvious... to me, they stand out in a negative way.

They are something for crap to collect under/on, something to fall off.

I prefer film protection which is very hard to see.. I have @R 3 film on my JL and am real please with the product/fit of same.

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder lets say. Some guys/gals might like the carbon fiber look, colors, etc..

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I bought this kit from R 3 and I will say it’s great but apparently I took too long to install it because shortly after 1000 miles on my JLUR I got a chip on the lower passenger rear door hinge. Not a huge chip but it’s still there and wasn’t there when the kit from R 3 was delivered...so don’t wait...order these today and install them immediately.

649ED11F-991E-4F05-948E-986C4D34F33B.jpeg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.