Dometic CFX Fridge

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
Dometic is way overpriced. I have a CFX95DZW and wouldn’t buy another one. There are many more options that will give you more bang for your bucks. I got so frustrated with my fridge and battery setup that I am making my own now. I’m having fridges built exclusively with LG compressors and 12V power systems. My power system has a 30 amp DC-DC charger built in as well as solar and ac charging and a 2000w pure sine wave inverter. They will power a microwave. I’m having them built in either 120ah or 240ah. The best part is that they are removable and can be used in the house as well.
Sponsored

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t really see much use for a slide And I don’t mind messing around with it to get it to fit. The group of guys that go on our weeklong adventure/camping trip seems to be getting bigger every year so the bigger space inside the cooler the better. It will be replacing a 65qt yeti cooler that takes up quite a bit of space and im tired of freezing my hands off in the morning digging for bacon and eggs in the cooler.

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Dometic is way overpriced. I have a CFX95DZW and wouldn’t buy another one.
What would buy instead? I would rather buy it once and never worry about it not working or worse stop working and the food getting spoiled

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
What would buy instead? I would rather buy it once and never worry about it not working or worse stop working and the food getting spoiled
In anticipation of your question I added to my post. I’m trying to walk the fine line of contributing to the conversation without pitching my products.

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
In anticipation of your question I added to my post. I’m trying to walk the fine line of contributing to the conversation without pitching my products.
Ok. what you are talking about sounds interesting but a little more complicated and probably bulky. I know I don’t have much use for a microwave when I go camping and I wouldn’t want to pack one either. Feel free to PM me with more details as you definitely have me curious about what you are doing.

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
Ok. what you are talking about sounds interesting but a little more complicated and probably bulky. I know I don’t have much use for a microwave when I go camping and I wouldn’t want to pack one either. Feel free to PM me with more details as you definitely have me curious about what you are doing.
I will send you my specifications.
I’m not a microwave guy in my own home but many people are. I just threw that out there for information purposes. How bout a hair dryer for over an hour? I can do that too.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Does that match the Dometic 5 year warranty?

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
My power supply has a two year warranty and my refrigerators with the LG compressor have a three year warranty. Since it is less than half the price of Dometic you can buy two and have six years of warrant coverage and still have cash in your pocket.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
My power supply has a two year warranty and my refrigerators with the LG compressor have a three year warranty. Since it is less than half the price of Dometic you can buy two and have six years of warrant coverage and still have cash in your pocket.
Only if you are around in a few years to warranty the product :)
Is this product approved thru the NTSB to sell for Use in vehicles?

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
Only if you are around in a few years to warranty the product :)
Is this product approved thru the NTSB to sell for Use in vehicles?
Absolutely everything is above board with me I am not building them in my basement. I have contracted with one of the three largest 12V refrigerator manufacturers in the world. Sooooo since the factory is who actually supplies the warranty I’ll bet we are still around in three years.
Ever heard of the little Korean company known as LG? If you haven’t heard of them you should do a little reading to learn about their line of high end products.

and the power systems are LiFePO4 which is a dry cell composition so safe for transport in aircraft.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Absolutely everything is above board with me I am not building them in my basement. I have contracted with one of the three largest 12V refrigerator manufacturers in the world. Sooooo since the factory is who actually supplies the warranty I’ll bet we are still around in three years.
Ever heard of the little Korean company known as LG? If you haven’t heard of them you should do a little reading to learn about their line of high end products.

and the power systems are LiFePO4 which is a dry cell composition so safe for transport in aircraft.
Yes I know LG, they use to be gold star, heard of them? Funny they changed their name due to their bad rep. My LG home fridge seems to work fine though :)

LiFePO4 lithium iron phosphate batteries are quite good. We design our products around them everyday at work.

LG is manufacturing the entire unit, or supplying the compressor?

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
Yes I know LG, they use to be gold star, heard of them? Funny they changed their name due to their bad rep. My LG home fridge seems to work fine though :)

LiFePO4 lithium iron phosphate batteries are quite good. We design our products around them everyday at work.

LG is manufacturing the entire unit, or supplying the compressor?
They are the compressor supplier. The rest of the parts are sourced from various manufacturers. LG has really stepped up quality and fit and finish in the past couple decades and they are a stable supplier that can meet demand.
IceCo Is another retailer that specs a specific compressor. They us a Secop, formerly known as Danfos. LG has successfully gotten many Secop patents nullified in most countries because they copied the LG design on the small 12v compressors. That being said Secop is also an awesome quality compressor but I can’t use them because my units and IceCo units use the same assembly line.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Gotta l
They are the compressor supplier. The rest of the parts are sourced from various manufacturers. LG has really stepped up quality and fit and finish in the past couple decades and they are a stable supplier that can meet demand.
IceCo Is another retailer that specs a specific compressor. They us a Secop, formerly known as Danfos. LG has successfully gotten many Secop patents nullified in most countries because they copied the LG design on the small 12v compressors. That being said Secop is also an awesome quality compressor but I can’t use them because my units and IceCo units use the same assembly line.
Gotta love business politics

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
More of a business respect and differentiation issue. I could have found one of the other manufacturers to make my units with Secop compressors but I went with the LG compressor because of the name recognition and reputation for quality they have. If everyone reading were honest how many would raise their hands when asked if they know of Secop and of LG I'd bet we'd get a lot more response for LG.
Sponsored