Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
What do you think of the genesis setup. I just couldn’t drop 1200 to start for one of those. Also what dc to dc charger you running.
The Genesis is awesome. Well made and easy to install. It does get expensive. Watch his social media. He will sell display items after each show for around 20% off. I never could find a sale on Odyssey batteries but they're worth the price.

I went with CTEK D250SA. Redarc also has a fantastic product. Renogy is offering these as well. Some are combo with multiple devices in one product.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SCASHoverland

SCASHoverland

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU, 2019JLU
The Genesis is awesome. Well made and easy to install. It does get expensive. Watch his social media. He will sell display items after each show for around 20% off. I never could find a sale on Odyssey batteries but they're worth the price.

I went with CTEK D250SA. Redarc also has a fantastic product. Renogy is offering these as well. Some are combo with multiple devices in one product.
I am thinking about running the CFX 35 or the arb zero 47qt. Just want something that fits nicely in back with rear seats up. I have looked at the goal zero 500x or the Jackery 500 or the black fire. Don’t know much about snomaster or Engel fridges. I just get most of my info reading reviews and watching YouTube videos

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
I am thinking about running the CFX 35 or the arb zero 47qt. Just want something that fits nicely in back with rear seats up. I have looked at the goal zero 500x or the Jackery 500 or the black fire. Don’t know much about snomaster or Engel fridges. I just get most of my info reading reviews and watching YouTube videos
Cant go wrong with Snowmaster or Engel. Theyre all quality products. Chris Shontz (venture4wd) has a 20 year old Engel in back of his JKU. It has it's share of quirks but still running strong.

That CFX35 would fit nicely in the cargo area with the seats up. The 12v power outlet will interfere so plan on keeping the fridge on the passenger side.

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
For overnight it's fine. It doesnt draw enough in an 8 hour period to kill the battery. The jeeps have slightly larger AGM starter batteries than the typical vehicle. Or, like @SCASHoverland said, they have electric hookups at campgrounds so they really only need to power from the starter battery while stopping for gas and such.

In the beginning I used the GZ Yeti 400 Lithium to power my fridge at night and ran the Dometic on 12v power outlets while I was driving so that the GZ could recharge on the 110v outlet behind my console. This is difficult to sustain while parked for more than 24 hours without continuous solar recharging. it's not fun waking up to a fridge at 44 degrees and climbing.

I now have an auxiliary battery dc/dc charger under the Goose Gear floor in back. This is now primary for powering the fridge.

Secondary is the accessory battery with a Genesis dual battery setup under the hood.

Third is the GZ Yeti if the previous two fail.

Fourth is the starter battery. If i get this far something has gone really wrong on my trip!
Thanks, I'm trying very hard to avoid having to drag a second battery around on our camping trips (or third in addition to a GZ or otherwise). The places we go don't usually have electricity, so our recharge options are generally solar or crank the motor for a bit.

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I'm trying very hard to avoid having to drag a second battery around on our camping trips (or third in addition to a GZ or otherwise). The places we go don't usually have electricity, so our recharge options are generally solar or crank the motor for a bit.
Something good for a fridge, out of the way, and less money is American Adventure Lab. This goes in the storage tray in the back. Also accommodates a dual ARB compressor if you want to add in the future.

https://americanadventurelab.com/product/jeep-jl-dual-arb-compressor-mount/

https://americanadventurelab.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/pc-1100-scaled.jpg

https://americanadventurelab.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/IMG_20190206_112031-scaled.jpg

You can wire the fridge directly to the battery terminals with an ARB wiring kit (dometic has one too).

Add an MPPT solar controller in the future for solar recharging while you sit.

Sponsored

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
I have installed the Dometic CFX3 55, paired with the Jackery 1000 power station.
The Jackery is plugged into the Jeep DC, Dometic into the Jackery DC.
We can provide power to the Dometic for about 20 hours without recharge.

I had to remove the stock handles on the Dometic and come up with my own quick design to get this unit to fit with the seats up, but DAMN, those ice trays inside make it all worth every cm I fought to save. :CWL:

OP
OP
SCASHoverland

SCASHoverland

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU, 2019JLU
I have installed the Dometic CFX3 55, paired with the Jackery 1000 power station.

I had to remove the stock handles on the Dometic and come up with my own quick design to get this unit to fit with the seats up, but DAMN, those ice trays inside make it all worth every cm I fought to save. :CWL:
I can't find a Dometic anywhere. Everyone seems to be sold out till mid august. I need one in a couple of weeks. I was out measuring the back to for the ARB Zero Fridge. Either the 47 or 63. the 63 would be tight.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
I can't find a Dometic anywhere. Everyone seems to be sold out till mid august. I need one in a couple of weeks. I was out measuring the back to for the ARB Zero Fridge. Either the 47 or 63. the 63 would be tight.
The 63 WILL NOT FIT unless you put the rear seats down, or place it in the back sideways.

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Something good for a fridge, out of the way, and less money is American Adventure Lab. This goes in the storage tray in the back. Also accommodates a dual ARB compressor if you want to add in the future.

https://americanadventurelab.com/product/jeep-jl-dual-arb-compressor-mount/

https://americanadventurelab.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/pc-1100-scaled.jpg

https://americanadventurelab.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/IMG_20190206_112031-scaled.jpg

You can wire the fridge directly to the battery terminals with an ARB wiring kit (dometic has one too).

Add an MPPT solar controller in the future for solar recharging while you sit.
I saw that when I was looking at the organizer system they had, thought I might do their roller for the fridge. I might go that way if we decide to get a installed compressor. Right now for what we do I'm pretty happy with the 12V we have though. We aren't very hardcore off-roaders, mostly just hitting the beach for a weekend. But we are going to head out west for a couple of weeks once the weather cools down.

OP
OP
SCASHoverland

SCASHoverland

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU, 2019JLU
I saw that when I was looking at the organizer system they had, thought I might do their roller for the fridge. I might go that way if we decide to get a installed compressor. Right now for what we do I'm pretty happy with the 12V we have though. We aren't very hardcore off-roaders, mostly just hitting the beach for a weekend. But we are going to head out west for a couple of weeks once the weather cools down.
So just got this email from the Dometic recall dept. the recall is on the CFx3 models.

3D31A302-0E1B-44B8-A456-DB249E23B599.jpeg

Sponsored

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Any chance you have a picture of your setup? I’m looking at either the CFX3-45 or the CFX3-55 but I want the back seats to be up and still have some storage space in the back.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Any chance you have a picture of your setup? I’m looking at either the CFX3-45 or the CFX3-55 but I want the back seats to be up and still have some storage space in the back.
I have this crappy pic to tide you over, I'll try and take another soon, I currently have it out of the vehicle.
Jeep Wrangler JL Dometic CFX Fridge dom

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I’m just about to pull the trigger on one and this one is in the lead. How did you secure it so it doesn’t bounce around too much when you off-road?
I appreciate all the info you can give me.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Thanks! I’m just about to pull the trigger on one and this one is in the lead. How did you secure it so it doesn’t bounce around too much when you off-road?
This thing is wedged in there so tight its a Beach to move lol
I designed new handles, as the pair that come with it stick out a tad too far and rub the tailgate, and that sorta things not my bag baby!
I'm still contemplating how I plan on securing it better, the "best" option hasn't revealed itself to me yet :)

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
If you don't want to mess with fit issues, and you ever plan on getting the slide I would definitely go with the 47.
I'm not going to use the slide, because those darn ice tray's are more valuable to me lol
Sponsored