First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Jealous of all you whose labs don’t chew through their seatbelt tether in five minutes 😡

Any recommendations for a tether that’s more chew resistant.
Sponsored

Ricootje0311

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger Sport S Unlimited 2019 JL
Occupation
Pilot
We use this one for our dog, she’s a mix between a border collie and a golden retriever. She’s very comfy with it. The seatbelt loops through the big loop on the harness. For daily driving when the top is on she doesn’t wear it as she’s in the trunk and we’ve got a traval pet barrier (metal fence) which bolts in place under the hardtop bolts.

https://ruffwear.com/products/load-up-dog-car-harness

ahillig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Tuscadero Rubicon
I bought these tethers for my puppy, I have an almost 5 month old Catahoula. I like that it has both the tether and the seatbelt clip but I don't care for the elastic part. There have been a couple times she fell off the seat because she wants to be in my lap when driving and she's trying to get up front. I only use it now with a harness instead her collar if it's just me and her. Usually the kiddos will sit with her in the back and she's totally fine.

This is her riding shotgun when we went went to Starbucks which is just a couple miles down the road.
Jeep Wrangler JL Dog Harness or Tether Recommendations tempImageKDKFXz

OP
OP
4Runfun

4Runfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2022 Rubicon
Congrats. Rear cargo area or back seat? My Lab, Barley, rides in the cargo area with an Icefang tactical harness and a short tether. The tether is adjustable. My wife's mini-Pitbull used to ride on the back as well but he lost his privileges (thus the unused tether on the other side). I also have a cheap Molle-like pet barrier to keep the lab fur in the back. My Lab likes the top-off Jeep way better than the 4-Runner with the back window down...

Icefang Harness
Pet Barrier
Tether

Jeep Wrangler JL Dog Harness or Tether Recommendations tempImageKDKFXz
Just ordered the Harness and Tether and will test in current vehichle until Jeep arrives Thanks for the info

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I tried tethering mine to the center seatbelt, but she figured out how to unbuckle the seatbelt really fast... LOL

A guy I work with put his dog on too long of a leash, he went in the store and when he came back out the dog had hung itself. :(

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, it has a fair amount of Molle. And yes, that front chest loop is great if your dog is a puller!

Jeep Wrangler JL Dog Harness or Tether Recommendations F11CD79F-4BCE-489F-8A52-025CB9399EE9
My brother, Im’ma gonna need a link to that.. 😁

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Check out Raingler nets. They make some top notch stuff and can easily craft you anything you want in addition to their lineup. I have one of their nets for the cargo area of my XJ and love it. I’ll be using their stuff when I get my JLURD, including asking them for help with a retention system for our GSD and rottie.

6A1A600D-968E-4E4B-980F-3E80CB530B70.jpeg

Tiger1

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, 2016 BMW 435
I bought these tethers for my puppy, I have an almost 5 month old Catahoula. I like that it has both the tether and the seatbelt clip but I don't care for the elastic part. There have been a couple times she fell off the seat because she wants to be in my lap when driving and she's trying to get up front. I only use it now with a harness instead her collar if it's just me and her. Usually the kiddos will sit with her in the back and she's totally fine.

This is her riding shotgun when we went went to Starbucks which is just a couple miles down the road.
Jeep Wrangler JL Dog Harness or Tether Recommendations 6A1A600D-968E-4E4B-980F-3E80CB530B70
That is a CUTE dog.

Sponsored

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
My brother, Im’ma gonna need a link to that.. 😁
hera ya go!https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LFPLBTM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I bought the extra large and I would say it’ll fit a dog ranging from 60 pounds to 110 pounds. I really like this one because the four buckles are metal. There’s some that have plastic buckles which I wouldn’t wanna depend on in any kind of accident. Not that any of these are guaranteed in an accident but metal is better than plastic.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
hera ya go!https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LFPLBTM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I bought the extra large and I would say it’ll fit a dog ranging from 60 pounds to 110 pounds. I really like this one because the four buckles are metal. There’s some that have plastic buckles which I wouldn’t wanna depend on in any kind of accident. Not that any of these are guaranteed in an accident but metal is better than plastic.
Thank you sir. I noticed those metal buckles, that’s why I wanted it. I have a chocolate lab myself but I’m getting the orange one so I have a better chance of spotting him when we’re in the mountains.

OP
OP
4Runfun

4Runfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2022 Rubicon
Just ordered the Harness and Tether and will test in current vehichle until Jeep arrives Thanks for the info
Harness and Tether arrived and Tested with 1 of the dogs in my Jeep Grand Cherokee this weekend. Worked like a champ. Thanks for all the feedback

Jeep Wrangler JL Dog Harness or Tether Recommendations IMG_4150.JPG

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Anyone use a zip line type tether? I want my latest pup to be free in the back of my 2 door with no rear seat. She’s got no instinct for self preservation yet though.
Jeep Wrangler JL Dog Harness or Tether Recommendations AA11E9F3-06CA-4320-AEDB-19024B881319

I was thinking something like this:
Bushwhacker® - Truck Bed Dog Cross Tether SUV Pet Leash Harness Vehicle Restraint Barrier Lead Tie Down Out https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00I11LX60/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_EGNAY2S0S9ZBHZFVRBQP
Oldest girl there doesn’t like the Jeep, and the middle brother (not pictured) gets carsick. I’m hoping to get her trained while she’s still a pup to ride along in trail days.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Anyone use a zip line type tether? I want my latest pup to be free in the back of my 2 door with no rear seat. She’s got no instinct for self preservation yet though.
Jeep Wrangler JL Dog Harness or Tether Recommendations AA11E9F3-06CA-4320-AEDB-19024B881319

I was thinking something like this:
Bushwhacker® - Truck Bed Dog Cross Tether SUV Pet Leash Harness Vehicle Restraint Barrier Lead Tie Down Out https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00I11LX60/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_EGNAY2S0S9ZBHZFVRBQP
Oldest girl there doesn’t like the Jeep, and the middle brother (not pictured) gets carsick. I’m hoping to get her trained while she’s still a pup to ride along in trail days.
The seat belt ones we use are elastic and give some decent freedom to walk around.
Sponsored