Does this camera system exist

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
After seeing what is entailed on adding the factory trail camera I was wondering if there is a dash cam that supports either external mounting or an additional front mounted parking camera.

For viewing, I've seen the rear view mirror screens that look interesting or some kind of additional dash mounted screen.

Also, a good possibility is removing the Uconnect hu with something that actually works and has a big screen. Problem there is, can you still get the factory screens (off-road, hybrid system, climate control, backup, etc)?
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

can you still get the factory screens (off-road, hybrid system, climate control, backup, etc)?
Depends on the radio and integration module used. The Stinger Heigh10 radio has it's own versions of those screens, as do other aftermarket radios (Alpine, Teyes, etc.).

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Or you can get a dash cam that allows live playback on a cell phone via Bluetooth. I have a dirt cheap one that does exactly that so I'm sure most systems do too. Mount it in the grille, bumper or where ever you want it. Then you could use one of those dash mounts for your phone and view the trail (aka dash) camera that way. The only wire to run is power and you don't have to replace the head unit.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Obviously, you'd want a camera that doesn't have a screen. Mine is like that and is very small. It could easily be put into the grille. Although you may consider making a plexiglass box to shield it from weather and debris.
Here's a photo of mine for size reference.

Jeep Wrangler JL Does this camera system exist camera mount (3)

OP
OP

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I'm really liking what I see on some of the rear view mirror cams. I just don't understand how they get such low price points with all the features. It may just be their popularity in Asian markets. I've watched some youtube reviews and they seem like they are good.

https://www.amazon.com/AKASO-Enhanc...KASO+DL12&qid=1620063106&s=electronics&sr=1-2 isjust one of the many examples.

Some allow for panning up and down, so it's possible it may be able to offer some better view of the front end.
Sponsored