Sponsored

Why doesn't this exist?

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
A button on the key fob for rolling up all windows automatically after you've gotten out of the vehicle and started to walk away only to realize you've left a window down.

Answer me internet!

:angry:
Sponsored

Dan250378

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 530d
I have at a my car pressing the close button long and it is closing all Windows. otherway around pressing the open button long all windows are opening. which is good in summer to get the hot air out ;)

OP
OP
BillyHW

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I have at a my car pressing the close button long and it is closing all Windows. otherway around pressing the open button long all windows are opening. which is good in summer to get the hot air out ;)
Goddam bimmers. ;)

Weedwacker

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley
VW has had this on their cars for a long time now also.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
VW has had this on their cars for a long time now also.
Yep, and even if not remote, just using the key turned all the way to the right to do up all windows would be nice.

My Golf in Europe and my dad’s Passat Synchro both could close all windows by just turning the key all the way to the right, even without remote locks. At the Very Least have that.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Ford/Mustang has standard remote window down, but no remote up.
I'm thinking safety reasons?

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
That feature, among a couple others, was something I was able to add to my '99 Corvette with a small plug-in to the OBD II (don't have who the supplier was right now). Perhaps something like that could be offered by some third party (though I agree would be better via stock software).

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Maybe they don't make them anymore in the aftermarket, but I had something installed years ago that enabled you to do that, put your windows up and down remotely. great for hot days or for when a storm suddenly rolls in.

Sponsored

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
great for hot days or for when a storm suddenly rolls in.
For a Wrangler, that would involve also automatically taking off, or re-installing, the hard top with the keyfob. I mean, simply rolling up the windows when a storm suddenly rolls in, when the top is sitting back at home, wouldn't do you very much good. :giggle:

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
For a Wrangler, that would involve also automatically taking off, or re-installing, the hard top with the keyfob. I mean, simply rolling up the windows when a storm suddenly rolls in, when the top is sitting back at home, wouldn't do you very much good. :giggle:
Then I guess you better have a bunch of these guys at your disposal then....

th5QVKO58H.jpg

gmangsxr750

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU (Freedom Edition), 2008 Mazda Tribute
Occupation
Web Application Developer
A button on the key fob for rolling up all windows automatically after you've gotten out of the vehicle and started to walk away only to realize you've left a window down.

Answer me internet!

Volkswagon does this via the key

Yep, and even if not remote, just using the key turned all the way to the right to do up all windows would be nice.

My Golf in Europe and my dad’s Passat Synchro both could close all windows by just turning the key all the way to the right, even without remote locks. At the Very Least have that.
My wife's 2001 Volkswagon Jetta does this in the US as well. With the car off and the key out, you can turn and hold the key left to lower them all, and turn and hold right to raise them all.

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
The ODBII plug for the corvette is from Top Down Tech if I remember right. Pretty decent and configurable. Should be easy to do one for the JL but I’m not sure what vehicles they support. Someday I’ll take the time to check.

Pete

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Answer me internet!

Because some dumbass will also forget their kids in there and also possibly sticking their head out of the window at the same time the windows are going up.
Sponsored