Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/id-connector.74821/

I have heated seats which work so I'd rule that out... wondering the same thing though when I was doing my Armorlite I noticed that plug.
See my comment just above. If at least 3 of us have it and it’s unconnected and we didn’t disconnect it and everything is working normally, then the diagnostic port idea makes sense 100%. I’m satisfied with that explanation and went ahead and finished my Armorlite installation with peace of mind.
Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
It is the government monitoring device interface, just say loud "America is the best, f**k the communists" three times, then wrap it with aluminum foil. You will be safe from the three letter agent now.

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
See my comment just above. If at least 3 of us have it and it’s unconnected and we didn’t disconnect it and everything is working normally, then the diagnostic port idea makes sense 100%. I’m satisfied with that explanation and went ahead and finished my Armorlite installation with peace of mind.
How do you like the Armorlite? I'm loving mine. Did you repurpose the carpet clips on the Armorlite like I did?

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
So what's this " Diagnostic Port " for ? Since the main OBD port is the main access point, why this hidden one ?
"Black Box "?

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
How do you like the Armorlite? I'm loving mine. Did you repurpose the carpet clips on the Armorlite like I did?
I just finished the installation yesterday evening so I haven’t had a chance to actually live with it yet. Initial impressions:
  • a quick 10 minute test drive I wasn’t able to tell that it’s any quieter. This is subjective obviously. I’m going for a holiday weekend trip so I’ll have about 400 road miles of experience next week.
  • The installation wasn’t that bad. As some have noted, there are some minor fit improvements (holes for carpet retainer posts, thickness at edges affecting fit of plastic trim pieces) that could be finessed a little, but overall the product is solid and fairly well engineered.
  • The finishing hardware around the posts should definitely be included with the flooring, or at the very least offered as an accessory purchase from Armorlite.
How exact did you install the carpet clips on the flooring? I ordered some and they’re in the way. Do they press into the cutout or held on with adhesive or what?

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I just pulled them off my carpet as I doubt it'll ever go back in or be sold.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/armorlite-jl-floor-system.64642/post-1556915

Kind of a mixed bag as you can tell when you try to install them since the hole on the Armorlite are different sizes. I agree should be included. The only complaint I have is the rear trim doesn't fit tight now that flooring is in since it's thicker. I can't get the clips right at the rear door entrance to stay snapped tight. I've tried a bunch of solutions have one left to try. I also have RSE steps and have the wiring coming thru the floor in the same area so that doesn't help the issue.

I also don't have much to add about noise but my doors are off so it's always loud!

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I just pulled them off my carpet as I doubt it'll ever go back in or be sold.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/armorlite-jl-floor-system.64642/post-1556915

Kind of a mixed bag as you can tell when you try to install them since the hole on the Armorlite are different sizes. I agree should be included. The only complaint I have is the rear trim doesn't fit tight now that flooring is in since it's thicker. I can't get the clips right at the rear door entrance to stay snapped tight. I've tried a bunch of solutions have one left to try. I also have RSE steps and have the wiring coming thru the floor in the same area so that doesn't help the issue.

I also don't have much to add about noise but my doors are off so it's always loud!
So you removed the grommets from the carpet and put them on the Armorlite and pushed them down onto the posts? The Armorlite seems like it would be too thick compared to the carpet to get the grommets inserted into it. Also, it seems there’s 3 different sizes/shapes of the plastic grommets; a wide one, a narrow one, and a raised one. Guess I wasted money ordering some, should have just taken them from the carpet I removed.

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
So you removed the grommets from the carpet and put them on the Armorlite and pushed them down onto the posts? The Armorlite seems like it would be too thick compared to the carpet to get the grommets inserted into it. Also, it seems there’s 3 different sizes/shapes of the plastic grommets; a wide one, a narrow one, and a raised one. Guess I wasted money ordering some, should have just taken them from the carpet I removed.
I did, pulled them from the factory carpet. Some I just used the front side and it works fine the ones on the firewall I only used the back portion but the smaller hole in the Armorlite looks fine as the back portion comes thru and covers the edge. The only one I don't like is up by my gas pedal I need to either remove the front half or reform the Armorlite a bit as it doesn't snap well.

If you ordered or pull them apart you'll understand better which ones fit where related to the Armorlite hole size.
Sponsored