Does anyone know what this screen is?

MouldyEgg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jlu
Just upgraded my radio and now I get this screen does anyone know how to clear it? If I hit ok I goes away. But comes back. Thanks for any suggestions.

Jeep Wrangler JL Does anyone know what this screen is? 20200822_082354
Sponsored

OP
OP
MouldyEgg

MouldyEgg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jlu
Thanks for the thoughts. Dealer won't touch it it's an upgrade. My Jeep came with 5 inch.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thanks for the thoughts. Dealer won't touch it it's an upgrade. My Jeep came with 5 inch.
@MouldyEgg

I'd be worry about bricking it... Looks like it finished the update so...

You might see things go back to normal after a forced UConnect reboot.... While engine is running, pull fuse F97 (Yellow 20 amp fuse in PDC) and then re-insert it. This will trigger a reboot.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MouldyEgg

MouldyEgg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jlu
I have a tazer Jl and rebooted it from there and tried the reboot sequence of holding green talk button. Do you think a fuse pull is any different? If I push the ok button the message goes away and everything works. It comes back on when restart car but not all the time. Very strange. Thanks for all the help.

YellOhJL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Network Engineer
I think you need a way to clear the high log, it is in the negative. It is using more than it is allowed.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I have a tazer Jl and rebooted it from there and tried the reboot sequence of holding green talk button. Do you think a fuse pull is any different? If I push the ok button the message goes away and everything works. It comes back on when restart car but not all the time. Very strange. Thanks for all the help.
I'm familiar with the Tazer JL... I'd also try the F97 fuse pull. That actually kills power to the radio/UConnect which Tazer JL does not actually do. No hurt in trying the F97 pull. Only takes a minute to do and ya never know....

OP
OP
MouldyEgg

MouldyEgg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jlu
Fuse pull didn't work. Thanks for the suggestions. I do have an idea though, looking for someone who has uconnect 8.4 to enter engineering mode , there is a section there called logging utilities. If they could check to see if there is a reset option in that menu I would appreciate it. I don't have the correct center stack to get into engineering mode as I haven't upgrade that yet.

YellOhJL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Network Engineer
Will try fuse pull. Thanks. Yellohjl any idea how to clear? Thanks
Sorry, I do not. I just know how programmers write things and expect that logs over their limit would trigger an alert.
When you say upgrade, do you mean the software? If so, you could try updating again, it could reset the logs.
Sponsored