Does anyone know what this plug is for?

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
I was installing the Mopar Aux switch last night on my 4Xe Rubicon and when I went to take off the tray where the aux switch goes there is already a switch that looks like the switch I was wiring up to click into the back of the aux switch but it was clicked into the back of the cubby and already wired into the exiting wires but not plugged into anything. Is the car already wired for aux switches but since I did not add it to my build they just tuck it away and just add the aux switch buttons later? I hope somebody knows what this plug is for. Running the wiring for the Aux switches and depinning and repinning was very difficult so I will be a little upset if this plug is the plug for the aux switches already installed in my Jeep.
Jeep Wrangler JL Does anyone know what this plug is for? 76F9157B-2024-470A-BB9D-EE38CF7A169D
Jeep Wrangler JL Does anyone know what this plug is for? 63682774-94A5-4F9D-97F0-86B03AFD76C6
Jeep Wrangler JL Does anyone know what this plug is for? BBFE4771-0F63-4968-A65F-87E4088DDF83
Sponsored

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Do you have the rest of the wiring? The pigtails on passenger side console panel or the pigtails near the battery? The wiring should match the harness you got with your kit if so and i would say you got lucky maybe! Did your Jeep come with the factory towing kit?

OP
OP
AmarilloJLU

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have the rest of the wiring? The pigtails on passenger side console panel or the pigtails near the battery? The wiring should match the harness you got with your kit if so and i would say you got lucky maybe! Did your Jeep come with the factory towing kit?
That was my first thought so I looked in the engine bay at the time and I do not have the aux 1-4 wires that would be present if they installed it. I only have the ones I added with the kit. The weird thing is the cubby has a clip location on the back of it to store that plug for some reason. I’m not sure who would know if I can’t find an answer on this forum. There is bound to be someone else that has also come across this. My Jeep did not come with towing, I also installed the hitch and plug and play wiring for the tow hitch yesterday.

OP
OP
AmarilloJLU

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bump, still looking for an possible answer about this plug. Hopefully somebody has come across this.

Samsingh

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
Hey! Did you figure this out? Same issue, took off the panel and harness is already there. But no wiring in the hood.

Sponsored

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I just posted a similar question on this plug. Seems no one knows I guess.

Samsingh

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
So finally had someone that knew what they were doing look, essentially to save money all new jeeps have that harness behind the dash, however it is a dead harness that leads nowhere. You do ultimately have to install the new harness kit.
Sponsored