Sponsored

Does anyone have a Uconnect 3 that doesn't lose time?

OP
OP
AlexJeepVB

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
Too bad they won't offer us a 7" upgrade:giggle:
Haha right? Im still blow away that I have not found one person that has the 5" screen that can keep accurate time. I hope Jeep sees this. I messaged UConnect as well but of course their response is to see your dealer. Theres no way now knowing there is no fix to let the dealer rip my jeep apart and waste my time. Ive even seen people that have had the unit replaced and still no fix. I think I read one person negotiated a small compensation from Jeep after a long fight. From what I read its some issue with the Canbus system. Regardless I would just like my new jeep to keep time lol. I think when the aftermarket catches up a little ill upgrade it when it won't cost your first born child lol or dog in my case haha.
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Haha right? Im still blow away that I have not found one person that has the 5" screen that can keep accurate time. I hope Jeep sees this. I messaged UConnect as well but of course their response is to see your dealer. Theres no way now knowing there is no fix to let the dealer rip my jeep apart and waste my time. Ive even seen people that have had the unit replaced and still no fix. I think I read one person negotiated a small compensation from Jeep after a long fight. From what I read its some issue with the Canbus system. Regardless I would just like my new jeep to keep time lol. I think when the aftermarket catches up a little ill upgrade it when it won't cost your first born child lol or dog in my case haha.
Yeah I was thinking of upgrading to the 7", but holy shit that's a grand:(

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
I drive mine only on weekends so now it’s part of my startup checklist “set clock” lol

CraigEdWood

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JL Firecracker Red
Occupation
Program Director, Brevard Senior Nutrition | Aging Matters in Brevard
Mine doesn’t either. It’s embarrassing. Almost 40k and clock doesn’t work. Thanks

Ryder

First Name
Dian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited Sahara 2019
Interesting, I had a 5" and upgraded to the 7" and it still lost time.

Sponsored

Trekez2

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Mine too, good thing time isn’t so important to me these days.

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Add another Jeep with the UConnect 3 - 5" Display to the list.

Mine loses about 3 minutes a week. I suspect the manufacturer (probably from china) picked a very cheap crystal with a frequency close but not quite right. Likely had a supply source with an abundance of these improper quartz crystals for 99% lower cost than the proper one.

If its a phase-lock-loop (PLL) issue,
like temperature drift, then some clocks would be slow but others would be fast. So I'm sticking to the idea that FCA spec'd a very low cost (miserably cheap) radio for an expensive application. Likely 10,000% or more profit margin.

I hope FCA enjoys egg-on-their-face with such a disaster of a radio selection. Some mid-level manager(s) should be fired for such a colossal blunder.

Worst radio I've ever had on any vehicle I've ever owned. By far, bar none!

Please don't ask me what I really think of this POS.

Unfortunately, any UConnect upgrade requires the volume and tuning knobs which have been placed on the HVAC panel (not the radio) in order to claim the dashboard real-estate for the larger display. Changing the HVAC panel is a MAJOR rework effort and a pretty involved reprogramming of the body and engine control modules. The only alternative is to use the steering wheel buttons.

There are third party alternatives, such as JVC, which has on display virtual volume and tuning knobs, but you are still looking at several thousands of $ for the custom install. Maybe 1/2 the cost if you're willing to do it yourself.

I added an integrated VIATECH satellite receiver unit over USB just to make this crap a little bit more tolerable. At least all SXM channels are selectable through the left side steering wheel buttons, or virtual icons from the 5" display.

I turned the clock display off and use my watch. It's the only thing about my JL that I truly despise.

Jay

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
Mine also does not keep the correct time. Never has and never will. I reset it when it gets too far out of whack. Its annoying and if that was the only problem with the 5" radio I would not be wanting to switch it out with something. I just don't want to spend $1k or more on a radio, then speakers and maybe a sub or amp. I just don't turn the radio on too often. I just plug in phone and listen to music on long trips. Short trips the radio never gets turned on. And that is pathetic isn't it. It is the only gripe I have with the jeep so far, knock on wood.
Sponsored