Sponsored

Does anyone else have a Fiio M6? I have questions...

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
I like this DAP pretty well, it is slow, but has pretty good sound for the price. But with the 8.4 Uconnect...well, I just don't know.

1. How is everyone connecting? I am currently just using a 3.5 jack.
  2. I can't play audio through Bluetooth when the phone is connected for Android Auto... Is this the reality, or is there a setting that will make it work.
  3. I can't connect via USB-C or any other usb cable connection at all. It doesn't even see the DAP. Has anyone been able to make that work?
Thanks!
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

1. How is everyone connecting? I am currently just using a 3.5 jack.
  2. I can't play audio through Bluetooth when the phone is connected for Android Auto... Is this the reality, or is there a setting that will make it work.
  3. I can't connect via USB-C or any other usb cable connection at all. It doesn't even see the DAP. Has anyone been able to make that work?
  1. For a media player like that, you need to use the 3.5 AUX jack.
  2. I haven't used Android Auto in a while, but as I recall, that's how it works. If you quit Android Auto, you should be able to play music via regular bluetooth.
  3. The USB ports are basically setup for Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. They won't recognize your DAP. They may work for charging, but that's it.

OP
OP
Crusifix

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New question. I have a pretty stout library of music, but I also use Tidal or Amazon Music HD from time to time. For some reason I can't connect to the WiFi built into the 8.4 Uconnect. My phone, and other devices work just fine. It doesn't even show up on the list. I don't see anything in the specs that would limit it. The minimum Android version is 6. The M6 runs on Android 7, so that shouldn't be an issue. Any suggestions? It links to my home network just fine on 802.11AC (wifi-5). It also connects to my Samsung Note 20 Ultra's hotspot just fine. Just not the Jeep.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

For some reason I can't connect to the WiFi built into the 8.4 Uconnect. My phone, and other devices work just fine. It doesn't even show up on the list. I don't see anything in the specs that would limit it.
It's highly likely there's an incompatibility with the WiFi implementation on the DAP and the WiFi in the Jeep. I don't think there's much you're going to be able to do to get around the issue. It's just one of those things that happens with these types of devices.

Sponsored

captainstabbins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I have a FIIO X3 and M7 and I can connect via usb in the armrest console. I have also connected a portable usb hard drive for music via same usb port.

OP
OP
Crusifix

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a FIIO X3 and M7 and I can connect via usb in the armrest console. I have also connected a portable usb hard drive for music via same usb port.
Good to hear. I will keep messing with it. Maybe there is some magical setting I am missing.

captainstabbins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I normally remove the sd card from the fiio. Then I plug it in and reinstall the sd card. Then the head unit reads the unit.
Sponsored