Sponsored

Does anyone have a Uconnect 3 that doesn't lose time?

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
I just want to see if there is anyone out there that has the Uconnect 3 with 5" Screen that keeps accurate time or has successfully had it fixed. It is really bothering me that the time is off by a good amount every week. There is no update on uconnect website and I contacted them and of course they say go to dealer. I really don't want my dealer messing with my jeep when there is no fix, but at the same time I'm not going to live with my new jeep not being able to keep time.
Sponsored

Trekez2

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I just want to see if there is anyone out there that has the Uconnect 3 with 5" Screen that keeps accurate time or has successfully had it fixed. It is really bothering me that the time is off by a good amount every week. There is no update on uconnect website and I contacted them and of course they say go to dealer. I really don't want my dealer messing with my jeep when there is no fix, but at the same time I'm not going to live with my new jeep not being able to keep time.
I am irritated by this too, but I haven't done anything about it. I just correct it every other week or so and I didn't realize others had this issue.

OP
OP
AlexJeepVB

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am irritated by this too, but I haven't done anything about it. I just correct it every other week or so and I didn't realize others had this issue.
Yea its crazy that everything I have read and searched is that everyone that has the Uconnect 3 has this issue and there is no fix with this radio. I just don't believe that there are 10's of thousands if not more people that have a new Jeep that does not keep accurate time.

Whiskeybiskit

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler sport s
Vehicle Showcase
My 09 jku couldn't keep time either. Chalked it up to its a Jeep thing. I adjust the clock every few weeks.

OP
OP
AlexJeepVB

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 09 jku couldn't keep time either. Chalked it up to its a Jeep thing. I adjust the clock every few weeks.
I let a lot of things go to"its a Jeep thing" rattles, wind noise, leaks, steering ect. But I'm having trouble just accepting my new Jeep cant keep time lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AlexJeepVB

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its blowing my mind that there is not a single person out there that has a Jeep that keeps accurate time with the Uconnect 3.

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
Its blowing my mind that there is not a single person out there that has a Jeep that keeps accurate time with the Uconnect 3.
Mine loses time as well. Is it possibly related to a battery that keeps it powered when the Jeep is off? I had an alarm clock like that, has a battery so it doesn't reset if the power goes out. I've had the secondary battery replaced once so far with no real explanation as to how it became bad. I've lost time before it was replaced and still lose time with the new battery.

Sponsored

Russ

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
My 2019 JLU Sport S also loses time. Also, My Uconnect crashes and resets the clock every time I use my iPhone 11 via usb. I assume there’s a software fix for that, but who has hours to sit at a Jeep dealership?

Quality control issues like this are expected on a Kia Rio, not on a Jeep Wrangler.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Same here, my Uconnect 3 loses 2-3 minutes per week.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Same here, my Uconnect 3 loses 2-3 minutes per week.
Not sure what mine loses, but I do notice it. Is this only a 5" thing? Do the other Uconnect systems lose time?

OP
OP
AlexJeepVB

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure what mine loses, but I do notice it. Is this only a 5" thing? Do the other Uconnect systems lose time?
Yea sadly its only a 5" thing. Apparently you can sync the time with the GPS signal on the 7" inch and up.