Do you take the doors off?

Do you take the doors off?

• Total voters

Triggerfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubi
You are missing out on the full Jeep experience if you never take the doors off IMO... Do it at least once, see how you like it, and then you'll know if its for you or not. I am new to Jeep Wrangler ownership and took my top and doors off last weekend for the first time.. and all I have to say is WOW... it was sooo much fun! I actually couldn't wait to do it and now that I have, I'm hooked! Sure it won't be all of the time, but you can bet I will be always thinking about doing it if the weather and time work out!

IMG_1566.jpg
IMG_1569.jpg
Sponsored

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
Somebody help me out. Trying to understand the purpose of tube doors or some other type of very skeletonized doors versus no doors. They don’t offer any security or privacy it would appear. Serious question.

Stretcher

Somebody help me out. Trying to understand the purpose of tube doors or some other type of very skeletonized doors versus no doors. They don’t offer any security or privacy it would appear. Serious question.
So you can't immediately be thrown out at speed.

Sponsored

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
IMO they just look cool and in my case the benefit of having mirrors.

IMG_0992.jpeg

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Well, here’s a few reasons.
1. Psychological effects of feeling more secure.
2. Aesthetics.
3. Solidly mounted, full size mirrors.
4. Something to lean on.
5. Much cheaper than complete half doors.

Never ever rely on tube doors or half doors to actually keep you in the vehicle. That’s what seat belts are for.

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
Also noticed that when I take down the doors and roof the jeep gets an amazing boost in speed and I imagine the center of gravity shifts lower so it feels like its faster and turns better. Might be my imagination or the wind that makes it feel like your going faster but your shedding a lot of weight with all the doors off and a hardtop roof. I'm guessing more then 200lbs.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
If I’m by myself I just drop in the Steinjager mirrors and belt up. But if wife, mom or mother in law are riding I use the tube doors. They have mirrors too. As far as mirrors go take it from me forget about what the local laws are you WANT those suckers. The first time I took my doors off and drove without mirrors I couldn’t wait to get off the highway. What an uncomfortable ride swinging my head around like a fool! In these 2 pics are my Jeep with no mirrors (1st time doors off) and the tube doors I bought from Steinjager (on their red Jeep)

785616B6-212A-4B20-875B-F87D76DB77FB.jpeg

8FFBEE29-CDF7-4FD7-A1AD-2A7EE9FEBE1A.jpeg

Sponsored

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
I’m curious as to how many people take the doors off.

In Los Angeles, it’s a rare thing to see.
Well take a look around L.A. Let’s see we got homeless, tweakers, and crooks ready to steal something, sleep in it, take a sh#t in it or vandalize it some other way. People don’t really respect other people’s property out here. It’s sad, but I’d never roll topless in L.A.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Well take a look around L.A. Let’s see we got homeless, tweakers, and crooks ready to steal something, sleep in it, take a sh#t in it or vandalize it some other way. People don’t really respect other people’s property out here. It’s sad, but I’d never roll topless in L.A.
That’s a shame Fonz, I live in one of about 3 good areas of the Bronx N.Y. We’ve got a lot of human garbage here too but I refuse to not enjoy my Jeep because of some dirtbags.

bem1

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lantanapcguy.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Have had the top/doors off for the past 1 1/2 weeks. As long as there is no rain, we'll be naked. It does have safe place in our garage, and we live in a pretty good town....so not too worried about something happening to it.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
That’s a shame Fonz, I live in one of about 3 good areas of the Bronx N.Y. We’ve got a lot of human garbage here too but I refuse to not enjoy my Jeep because of some dirtbags.
I hear ya, I do enjoy my Jeep. I just wouldn’t run it with out doors in downtown L.A.

cktlarge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
I went 6 weeks straight with doors off here in AZ. Have to plan out my day and make sure I leave nothing in the jeep. Only put them back on if I know I'm going to a bad area of town, just in case..

Sometimes it's nice not having rain.
Sponsored