Sponsored

Do Rubicons Really Have Better Resale Value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
I think what you need to do is compare a loaded sport S to a base rubicon. The extra features on the sport s like ac etc will depreciate faster than the rubi. In other words the base sport may decrease slowly, more as a function of the core value and low price, but when you load it up the sport s will race towards the base sport valuation faster than a rubi will decline. So unless you want a stripped vehicle you'll be better off with a rubi. This is based on real resale and not fake bank residual projection which are made up.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
I think what you need to do is compare anloaded sport S to a base rubicon. The extra features on the sport s like ac etc will depreciate faster than the rubi. In other words the base sport may decrease slowly, more as a function of the corr value and low price, but when you load it up the sport s will race towards the base sport valuation faster than a rubi will decline. So unless you want a stripped cehicle youll be better iff eith a rubi. This is based on real resale and not fake bank residual projection which are made up.
I think the point ThirtyOne was making is that the bank residual projections aren't really all that "fake", since banks have a vested interest in not faking that number. The residuals are probably based on years and years of data on car value and used vehicle sales.

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
I think what you need to do is compare anloaded sport S to a base rubicon. The extra features on the sport s like ac etc will depreciate faster than the rubi. In other words the base sport may decrease slowly, more as a function of the corr value and low price, but when you load it up the sport s will race towards the base sport valuation faster than a rubi will decline. So unless you want a stripped cehicle youll be better iff eith a rubi. This is based on real resale and not fake bank residual projection which are made up.
Why should he compare a base Rubi to a loaded Sport S? You wouldn't be comparing apples to apples then. That wouldn't make anymore sense than comparing a loaded Rubi to a base Sport S. Dealerships sell more Rubis with options than they do base Rubis because they make more money that way. Dealers don't want to sell base Rubis any more than they want to sell base Sports.

OP
OP
ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I’m done. Enjoy your Rubi.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I have no idea, but I have one, so I'll say yes!

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Reactions: JDZ

kdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon JLU (ordered), F430, 2012 JKU
THIRTY ONE

That is a great post (and i have a Rubi). Any of those residuals are amazing, and one of the reasons i like owning a Jeep Wrangler of any trim level. Pick the one you want and feel confident that your cost of driving it is actually quite low!

OP
OP
ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
THIRTY ONE

That is a great post (and i have a Rubi). Any of those residuals are amazing, and one of the reasons i like owning a Jeep Wrangler of any trim level. Pick the one you want and feel confident that your cost of driving it is actually quite low!
Exactly. Rubis are badass and don't need myths about higher resale to justify them.

It's just a myth that needs to die.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Vehicle resale is still based on area KBB maybe somewhat close but area makes the DEAL
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.