hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
If I hadn’t been going through the process of trying to purchase a vehicle since February I think I might be more inclined to start over (I really wanted a 4WD vehicle before the fall).

I also paid a $1,000 non-refundable deposit which I don’t think I’ll get back if I decide to place a new order. Especially since the initial vehicle is already built.

Worst case scenario, I’ll have to get my own rims/tires, suspension, and reinforced tailgate hinge at a later date. In a nutshell - I’m feeling tired and impatient.
As mentioned above, the XR package is not available on 3.0, only 3.6 or 392. Canceling and reorder would do you no good. Your dealer just didn’t understand.
Sponsored

TGB

First Name
TGB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hey guys.

When I placed my order for a diesel JLUR on 7/26 my dealer informed me I’d have to order 35s. I didn’t mind at all since I was wanting to put 35s on it anyways.

After receiving my build sheet to proofread, I didn’t see any type of tires annotated on the list so I asked my dealer - Are the 35s I’m getting different from the XR Package? To which he responded - No, that’s what they are. I said - Great.

I was looking over my build sheet from the Crypto Tracker, and the tires listed are NOT the tires included in the XR package. Do I need to calmly hit up my dealer and ask what’s up or is the writing on the wall? Did I screw myself? Can the XR Package be added after taking delivery if I did?
Have you put money down???
If not I wouldn't give squat 'till I was satisfied.

OP
OP
HawaiiSlim

HawaiiSlim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
SWE
As mentioned above, the XR package is not available on 3.0, only 3.6 or 392. Canceling and reorder would do you no good. Your dealer just didn’t understand.
Copy that.

OP
OP
HawaiiSlim

HawaiiSlim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SWE
Have you put money down???
If not I wouldn't give squat 'till I was satisfied.
Only money down thus far is $1,000 non-refundable deposit to place the order.

But, now that I’m learning I can’t have the Diesel and the XR package it looks like I was just misinformed by my dealer and there’s no way around it.

Sponsored

NBB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
If they didn’t order what you talked about, you have a very basic right to either what you ordered or your $1k back. That’s 101 - it’s not a one way contract. If you paid with a credit card, you’d get that money back by filing a charge dispute - no arguement - no dealing with a possible ahole dealer

That said, XR is not available on the diesel. It also contains a re-gear and different drivetrain software. If you’re just not getting the package - then whatever. If they’re charging you 3995 for a lift and set of tires outside the order - I would demand that either get removed or cancel the order. No way in hell I’d let some slippery player mess around with that thing mechanically - No Go.

TGB

First Name
TGB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Only money down thus far is $1,000 non-refundable deposit to place the order.

But, now that I’m learning I can’t have the Diesel and the XR package it looks like I was just misinformed by my dealer and there’s no way around it.
So you have spoken with the dealer about this like you were thinking you needed to or not yet?
If not yet I would definitely be seeing at least the sales mgr. And I'd insist on a sit down with the dealership owner.
In my experience Sales mgrs. Don't like that.

SFWSCX3

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 05 Cayenne Turbo, 14 X5 D 21 JLURD
I ordered the 3.0L Turbo Diesel, so either my dealer didn’t know what he was talking about when he said I must order the XR package or he just neglected to add it to the order.
I’ll throw this in. I wanted the XR Package with my diesel order and was told it wasn’t an option. Strange. I really wanted the diesel, so ordered anyway. If it’s an option now, I’ll gladly not buy this vehicle and re-order. I’ll ask my sales guy Thursday when he’s back to work. I was bummed, and immediately ordered the Mopar lift and still considering what wheels and tires to order.

SFWSCX3

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope, fortunately. I regret not digging into this before it was too late.
Do you have a copy of your build sheet from the dealer? If ya do, and you’re comfortable with it post it so we can take a look.

Sponsored

SFWSCX3

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Copy that.
I should have kept reading. Yep, still not available. I just tried to build one. Jeep build removes the 315’s after selecting a diesel. The diesel should be well worth building your own. The torque should be fine running 35’s with stock gearing.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I ordered the 3.0L Turbo Diesel, so either my dealer didn’t know what he was talking about when he said I must order the XR package or he just neglected to add it to the order.
I do not believe the XR package is available with the diesel. Someone here with more knowledge can probably chime in to confirm, but as far as I know its only the 3.6L unlimited rubicon that gets it as of right now

OP
OP
HawaiiSlim

HawaiiSlim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SWE
So you have spoken with the dealer about this like you were thinking you needed to or not yet?
If not yet I would definitely be seeing at least the sales mgr. And I'd insist on a sit down with the dealership owner.
In my experience Sales mgrs. Don't like that.
I reached out to my dealer, he said he’s off today but he will look into what happened tomorrow. In all honesty, if I can’t have it I can’t have it. I’m fine with that, but I need him to just take responsibility.

I actually placed the order back on 6/26 (or so I thought), after thinking delivery was right around the corner (this dealer was receiving JLUR builds in less than 4 weeks), he informed me my order was never actually submitted. He never apologized or took any responsibility for it.