Sponsored

Do Accessories Add Value?

TX MOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 MOAB
All valid responses and I tend to agree. So let’s make it interesting and say there are two jeeps that are otherwise identical except one has a GenRight bumper and a Warn Zeon. Personally, I wouldn’t expect to discount the modified vehicle, but would we anticipate any added value?
Depends on the mod but many of them wil decrease value because the buyer might be thinking about the cost of “un-modding”
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I live in Socal. You can find Rubicons that have never had a tire in the dirt or parked out overnight. So, if I was looking for a used one, a garage queen would be at the top of my list. If it has big tires and a lift, it has a good chance it's still never been off-road. If it has a winch, it likely has been off-road. If it has a Warn winch, best to pass on the deal LOL.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I've traded in multiple modified jeeps and trucks. The dealerships have always taken the mods into consideration and added value for them. This was at six different dealerships.

If a dealership complains about the mods, they are doing this as an excuse to make you think your jeep is worth less. It is up to you whether or not you get taken by it. I guarantee when you see your jeep listed for sale on their site that they will have added a hefty premium to the price.

Years ago I recieved a trade in value of 28K from one dealership. They complained about the mods and talked the jeep down. I passed and went to another dealership about 15 minutes away. They gave me $35K. Moral of the story is shop around.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
This is an interesting thread I called a few dealers Mods do add (a little) value if your selling to a dealer, but if the dealer is selling the Mods add value.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
In general NO. Never have in all my experience. Way better off putting things back to stock and then sell accessories. You will usually get $.20 to the $1 on those so really just get what you want and plan on getting $0 for them later. Anything above that is gravy.

Sponsored

Skeethree

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe, 2022 Rav4 Prime, 2020 Highlande Hybrid
Occupation
Architect
If I we’re in the market for a used Jeep, I’d want it to be box stock. There are too many poorly executed add-ones out there.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
;)When I added a JL to my Gobi roof rack for the JL, boy did the overall value of the rack go up.;)

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
@JoeBelt

More often then not a completely stock Wrangler, of any given model year, will fetch far more then an aftermarket kit lifted Wrangler, or one with chopped/removed fenders, aftermarket bumpers, winches, multiples aux lights, roof racks, off the wall decals, removed badging etc., etc..

IF you are lucky (Go Luck With That) you may find this is not the case, but again, more often then not, you eat the mods/aftermarket parts.

A lot of guys/gals will remove aftermarket parts and put back to stock if they can and sell the pulled parts on Craigslist, etc. in an attempt to recoop some of the cost of the aftermarket parts.

IF you plan to dealer trade the vehicle.... you will want to trade it in, in stock form, or the dealer will undoubtedly, not give you market value and for sure will give you nada for the mods/ aftermarket parts.

Of course, there will always be exceptions to what I just have spewed as you may get lucky..... Good Luck With That.. :)

I also retired at 53 full pension UAW is awesome !
Sponsored