Difference in fog light mounting brackets

GrauGeist

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Sorry but I’m having a little trouble making my way thru this “stock bumper/ aftermarket, stock leds/aftermarket leds.

My question is: I have a rubicon oem plastic bumper with oem halogen fogs. I bought a rubicon oem steel bumper with no fogs currently in it. Will my oem halogen fogs fit in the rubicon steel bumper? And if there’s a adapter what is it?

markymark718

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU
Hi all
Does anyone know which bracket I would need to put on my halogen lights from basic sport bumper to plastic rubicon?
Greatly appreciated :)

They don’t fit right now

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Never3, did you go with the SAE model or the other one which I assume is brighter than SAE. I was a little confused . Thanks

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry but I’m having a little trouble making my way thru this “stock bumper/ aftermarket, stock leds/aftermarket leds.

My question is: I have a rubicon oem plastic bumper with oem halogen fogs. I bought a rubicon oem steel bumper with no fogs currently in it. Will my oem halogen fogs fit in the rubicon steel bumper? And if there’s a adapter what is it?
I am in the process of doing this myself. I bought a "take-off" steel Rubi bumper and it came with a bracket that the Halogen 4 screw mounts to. This mounting bracket mounts with just 2 screws to the Rubi steel OEM bumper. I am going to take a picture of the bracket and post it here. Problem is, I don't know where the bracket came from. I will post the pic as soon as I can.

Sponsored

jkelaghan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK / 2019 JL Rubicon (both 2 door)
I'm currently working on a bumper design that will work with JL fogs, both LED and halogen. If anyone needs info on the fog lights, let me know. My OEM LED light just arrived today for testing and we have the OEM halogen versions here off our JL. As far as I can tell, the JL only has the two versions of their lights. Please let me know if someone has seen a different version.

My plan is to make it fit the JK fogs as well, so I can accommodate anyone's factory fogs.
I am looking at a Barricade HD but it says it wont work with JL Rubicon LED fogs....any idea how hard it would be to make them fit?

jeepinalaska

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 Sahara with stock fogs and a stock bumper. I’ll get an aftermarket bumper eventually but for now I just want to replace the fog lights with led’s. I really want some basic 2x2 cube fog lights and am trying to find a bracket that fits them for JL’s but can’t seem to find one anywhere. You’d think with how popular cube lights are they’d be easy to find...

Drsaekimdc

First Name
Sae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Sport S Halogen Fogs on Steel bumper?
Need a bracket for this? If so, which one?
TIA

Voodooridr

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU WILLYS
After reading through this thread I still have questions, we have a 2020 JLU Willys with the plastic bumper with 3 bolt LED (integrated bracket)
We are probably going to pick up a DV8 FS-15 front bumper that uses the 4 bolt mount for fog lights.
LOD looks to have an adaptor for their bumper but they don't sell it seperatly, does anyone know of a 3 bolt LED light to 4 bolt adaptor?
Sponsored