First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
So you have financial responsibility in the vehicle, you have purchase paperwork, you are good. See if your local DMV will issue another temp tag until this gets sorted out. It happens more often than you think. You may be surpised to find it’s already registered in your name, they just haven’t done their part getting the papers/plates to you.

My guess is that Vromm is less than half staffed right now. Have any attorney send the a “friendly” reminder about their obligation to complete the transaction.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tegorman

tegorman

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Moab
So you have financial responsibility in the vehicle, you have purchase paperwork, you are good. See if your local DMV will issue another temp tag until this gets sorted out. It happens more often than you think. You may be surpised to find it’s already registered in your name, they just haven’t done their part getting the papers/plates to you.

My guess is that Vromm is less than half staffed right now. Have any attorney send the a “friendly” reminder about their obligation to complete the transaction.
I have checked with the DMV and they cannot issue a temp tag and confirmed I am not legally able to drive the Jeep without an active registration.

See my earlier line about being on a wait list for a lawyer.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Been hearing lots of complaints about Vroom similar to yours.

Years ago I attempted to buy a JL Sahara from Carvana; my experience was no better. I got tired of the runaround and ended canceling the deal.

IMO, the problem with Vroom and Carvana is that 100 different people are involved but no one is responsible for anything, so it’s easy for things fall through the cracks.

As much as we love to hate the traditional dealer system, the bottom line is that the sales manager, the business manager and the salesman have a vested interest in making sure your deal gets pushed all the way to the end. Until that happens, they don’t get paid.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I just got around to renewing my over 30 day expired registration today and haven’t had a front plate on it since new. I’m not a strict rule follower, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
yes I have it insured
But would the insurance be valid for an unregistered vehicle? Can be a real “Catch 22” DMV wouldn’t register without insurance, couldn’t get insurance without a valid registration!!!! Ohhh-Kaayyy!

OP
OP
tegorman

tegorman

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Moab
LOL, for sure.

and yeah, was a good sell, but I still ain't drivin it. :jk:

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
LOL, for sure.

and yeah, was a good sell, but I still ain't drivin it. :jk:
Wise decision. You drive it unregistered and you could get in serious trouble should you get involved in an accident-I would not bet that insurance would pay out for an “unregistered vehicle” as the simple act of operating it on a public road is in itself an illegal operation. Yeah, I know lots of people do, and lots also don’t carry the required insurance, BUT somebody trying to do right would imho get nailed for the same thing…

NULL POINTER

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert,
Occupation
Old Fart
Been hearing lots of complaints about Vroom similar to yours.

Years ago I attempted to buy a JL Sahara from Carvana; my experience was no better. I got tired of the runaround and ended canceling the deal.

IMO, the problem with Vroom and Carvana is that 100 different people are involved but no one is responsible for anything, so it’s easy for things fall through the cracks.

As much as we love to hate the traditional dealer system, the bottom line is that the sales manager, the business manager and the salesman have a vested interest in making sure your deal gets pushed all the way to the end. Until that happens, they don’t get paid.
Even traditional dealerships have such issues. Jacksonville Chevy dealer responds to I-TEAM following complaints of ruined credit (news4jax.com)

Ashley Moody took care of this crooked dealership and its owner.
Former Riverside Chevrolet ownership pays more than $1.2 million over fraud case – 104.5 WOKV

Apexcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500
As a licensed insurance agent, if you have a quality insurance company, the insurance will cover you whether it is registered with the state or not. You have a contract with the insurance company to provide coverage for that vehicle. It doesn't matter whether it was a violation of a non traffic law. Do you think that if you are speeding or run a red light and cause an accident the insurance company won't pay?

As to driving without it registered, I have gotten tickets for that before. If you then take a copy of the receipt showing that you got it registered between the ticket date and the court date, all you pay is a processing fee and they dismiss the ticket. It was $25 last time it happened to me. That's how it works in Texas anyway.

Sponsored

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
When I bought my first Jeep, the Jeep dealership f'd up my registration and I didn't have tags for NINE months. I drove it anyway (didn't have much choice, it was my only vehicle and I still had to work). I got pulled over once, but didn't get a ticket for the registration once it all got explained. (Still got a ticket for speeding, though. Whoops.)

After months of calling the dealership, the DMV, and Jeep's corp office, I ended up having to physically go into the Jeep dealership showroom and make a SCENE--LOUDLY and in front of potential buyers--before they would fix the screwup.

Your situation is what would make me nervous about fully online car sales. You can't give it the 'personal touch' if there's no physical place to raise hell. Definitely making a note to never do business with Vroom.

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
I made a long post on the gladiator forum and then reposted it in a thread here a while back about Vroom. Needless to say I could see there were glaringly obvious problems with them at the time compared with their competitors. I’d say based on the stock price and recent news surrounding them I was on the right track assuming they were a bad company. Buyers/sellers beware.

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
This happened to a friend of mine. Vroom screwed up the paperwork on a Ram truck. He made enough noise that vroom provided him a Tahoe for months. The Ram sat in his garage and he put miles on the Tahoe. I suggest bucking up on them. Make vroom pay for their mistake.

Robtco99

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 TJ Sahara, 01 XJ Cherokee, 98 Grand Cherokee L
Absolutely contact whoever you have your loan thru. I had a similar problem with getting a title from a dealership(the vehicle was traded in, and the dealership didn't satisfy the old loan to get the title) I didn't have a copy of the title to get plates after 90 days, so I couldn't drive it. I talked to my credit union, and they had their attorney contact the dealership. The owner of the dealership called me the next day and made everything good