First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport S, Ducati 899
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

I'm going to order the Sport S with the Tech group, Cold weather group and a few other options along with the premium soft top. Will it be wired from the factory for a rear defroster? I may buy the hardtop later on down the road.
Thanks.
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

I'm going to order the Sport S with the Tech group, Cold weather group and a few other options along with the premium soft top. Will it be wired from the factory for a rear defroster? I may buy the hardtop later on down the road.
Thanks.
No way to know for sure.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
No it will not be wired if not ordered with a hard top.

OP
OP
jntrees

jntrees

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can I get it ordered as an option? I'm quite sure I've seen some on a dealers inventory with only the soft top.

opsfox21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2023 WL Overland
Can I get it ordered as an option? I'm quite sure I've seen some on a dealers inventory with only the soft top.
I test drove a Rubicon with just a soft top recently, the button for the defroster is there but my assumption is that it is only for the heated mirrors. I'm pretty sure the rear wiper controls were missing, just like in a soft top JK.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jntrees

jntrees

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That complicates things. I may have to order the dual top group. I wanted to hold off since I'm in a townhouse with no garage. That really sucks...

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Stupid but somewhat relevant question current JL owners...

Granted, you may have to take off the hard top first if this is even doable, but once you take ownership of your new JL with dual top (soft top in big box in rear I hear)...can you take off the hard top, install the soft top, but leave it in the down position, and then put the hard top back on.

Jason townhouse limitations got me thinking.

Thanks

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
That complicates things. I may have to order the dual top group. I wanted to hold off since I'm in a townhouse with no garage. That really sucks...
When ordering the dual top the soft top will be in a large box. You can use it as a coffee table. Not sure how long you can keep the soft top boxed up before it starts to deform. I’m in the same boat. No garage and no place to store either top. May just go with hardtop for now and purchase a mopar or aftermarket top later. Figure $1,500 - $2,000 for complete soft top. Adding a soft top later is easier and cheaper than adding a hardtop later.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Granted, you may have to take off the hard top first if this is even doable, but once you take ownership of your new JL with dual top (soft top in big box in rear I hear)...can you take off the hard top, install the soft top, but leave it in the down position, and then put the hard top back on.

Jason townhouse limitations got me thinking.

Thanks
I believe that was doable with the JK (and even delivered from factory like that) but not sure about the JL. It would really limit your cargo capacity to install the soft top if it’s possible to do so.
Sponsored