Decals and ceramic Coating

Bjsting

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingray Willy
I got my Wrangler early February and wanted to take off some of the decals I have and have Don make me some custom ones. Anyone do this that has had Zurich shield on thier jeep? Im looking for recommendations for a clearcoat I can apply to my custom decal after it is applied
Sponsored

acenines3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Retired
I don’t think any ceramic coating will hurt the decals. My Jeep has Adams Carbon Ceramic coating and no issues.

OP
OP
Bjsting

Bjsting

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingray Willy
I don’t think any ceramic coating will hurt the decals. My Jeep has Adams Carbon Ceramic coating and no issues.
Thank you for replying! My idea is to remove the clearcoat from an area put in a new decal and add clearcoat back on but i have NO IDEA what clear coat i should use to do that.... that adams is an option!

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for replying! My idea is to remove the clearcoat from an area put in a new decal and add clearcoat back on but i have NO IDEA what clear coat i should use to do that.... that adams is an option!
what clear coat are you talking about? You shouldn’t me removing any clear coat. If you are talking about adding a ceramic coating to the jeep then I would do a full Decon and a level of paint correction you are comfortable with. There are several options out there for ceramic coatings. Adam’s is one, Gtechnic and P&S are others. All have pros and cons.

I removed my rubicon decals prior to doing my ceramic coating. And Reapplied after .

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon
He is interchanging the words "ceramic coat" with the words "clear coat". No one including the OP is suggesting removing the actual clear coat paint.