Sponsored

Dealer refusing service

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Just buy the bolt, and put it in. The hell with the damn dealer. (now if that hole has a broken bolt or something there that's a different story. That's why I'm doing my own maintenance. I hate going to dealer, unless I absolutely have to.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mark195

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2016 SRT
@mark195 .. NJ Dealer's Service Dept. is doing you wrong. Without a doubt if you call Jeep Customer Service that they will get after that dealer and have them install the body bolt.

Curious, what did Koon's say when you called them? They could have 3 day mail or overnighted a body bolt to you?

I think you are making a mistake not mentioning the name of the NJ dealer here! Was it Ramsey Jeep in Ramsey, NJ. It would be just like them to pull such a stunt.
Koon’s said it’s absolutely covered under warranty and no reason for them not to do it. I have a case started with Jeep now which shouldn’t be necessary to order and install a bolt...

It’s not Ramsey. I’ll see how this works out and go from there

Last edited:
OP
OP

mark195

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2016 SRT
Just buy the bolt, and put it in. The hell with the damn dealer. (now if that hole has a broken bolt or something there that's a different story. That's why I'm doing my own maintenance. I hate going to dealer, unless I absolutely have to.
I was assuming, could be wrong, that there’s something needed inside the body to attach to somehow. Not sure how to get to that...if simply putting the bolt in that would be easier enough. I’m not overly mechanical but can do some things....i was assuming this is slightly more complicated than just putting a bolt in but will try to look into it more

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
If a dealership does you bad, and you can't get it remedied, go to their Face Book page and post a succinct, non-threatening, well worded Face Book review stating how they wronged you. Can tell you that it will be in very short order, soon after your posting, that you will get an email or phone call with the dealership wanting to right the situation and having you remove/edit the review.

In closing, if a dealership does you right, they are straight up with you, let them know. Do tell Mopar/Jeep in a letter, positive survey, post a positive Face Book review, a positive review at their Mopar/Jeep website... Write letters commending Sales people, Service Writers and all.... BUT if you are wronged do the same, politely, speak up!

Fortunately, in today's day and age, with social media, etc., the customer, can be heard loudly by the masses not just the next door neighbor. Your being heard by the masses, will very often get you a solution to issues at hand.

Last edited:

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
I'm sure it will but like almost anything these days will be harder than it should. I agree, I'm sure they don't check 100%
I am a Jeep tech and its impossible to check every nut and bolt on a PDI. If you touch can find me one tech that does, I will tell you they are full of bs.

Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I am a Jeep tech and its impossible to check every nut and bolt on a PDI. If you touch can find me one tech that does, I will tell you they are full of bs.
That's quite disturbing.

Imagine reading "I am a surgeon, and it's impossible to keep track of every sponge used during a procedure."

If the PDI calls for inspecting each bolt and the techs do not, it's time to start firing techs if the dealer cares at all (given some Jeep dealers, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the dealership owners or service manager telling techs not to bother.)

When techs in the airline industry start taking short cuts, this is what happens:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Airlines_Flight_191

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
That's quite disturbing.

Imagine reading "I am a surgeon, and it's impossible to keep track of every sponge used during a procedure."

If the PDI calls for inspecting each bolt and the techs do not, it's time to start firing techs if the dealer cares at all (given some Jeep dealers, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the dealership owners or service manager telling techs not to bother.)

When techs in the airline industry start taking short cuts, this is what happens:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Airlines_Flight_191
Have you ever looked at the PDI form? I will be more than happy to share one.it doesn't have the techs check every bolt. It has us check the operation on the vehicle and the finish of the vehicle, unless stated otherwise by a RRT or recall.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Have you ever looked at the PDI form? I will be more than happy to share one.it doesn't have the techs check every bolt. It has us check the operation on the vehicle and the finish of the vehicle, unless stated otherwise by a RRT or recall.
That's why I said "If the PDI calls for…"

PDI forms for some other makes do call for inspecting and re-torquing bolts.

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
That's why I said "If the PDI calls for…"

PDI forms for some other makes do call for inspecting and re-torquing bolts.
I was just making sure you understand what a PDI. I am very proud of what I do, just like any other profession it only takes one to give us all a bad name.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I was just making sure you understand what a PDI. I am very proud of what I do, just like any other profession it only takes one to give us all a bad name.
I completely understand that.

You can only do what you are allowed/told to do, and I don't have a PDI form so I don't know what Jeep in particular calls for (or doesn't.)
Sponsored