Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
I have asked for the dealer to rotate 5 they declined….several dealers have told me this…the concern is the cost if a tech snaps the back camera removing the spare.
The dealership I bought my Wrangler from, told me the warranty only covers a four tire rotation. You have to pay extra to get the fifth tire rotated. I always figured I'd get the three free rotations and after that I rotate my own tires the way I want it too.

On the flip side, after three free rotations, my tires are so worn down that I'm just saving the OEM spare at this point for the next set of tires I put on my OEM rims. My Icon beadlocks will be getting AT tires this fall, sometime maybe next year or the year after I'll get some 32-in HT's for daily driving which I will carry the OEM spare with. At this point my OEM spare is pretty much my failsafe spare. If I could sell it as is, I probably would, and just get a steely to replace it when I do my HTs.
Sponsored

speedymart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl
lol the dealer is being lazy. I clean behind my spare tire twice per year, I am not worried about snapping the camera.
I've seen it happens. Are you going to pay for it if the dealer breaks it? No. So they don't want to take on that risk.

It's the same reason some dealers refuse to rotate extravagant 2-3 piece wheels. High chance of breaking something.

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
I've seen it happens. Are you going to pay for it if the dealer breaks it? No. So they don't want to take on that risk.

It's the same reason some dealers refuse to rotate extravagant 2-3 piece wheels. High chance of breaking something.
The closest dealer to me won't rotate any with aftermarket wheels.

Dlit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL Recon
Clubs

The dealership I bought my Wrangler from, told me the warranty only covers a four tire rotation. You have to pay extra to get the fifth tire rotated. I always figured I'd get the three free rotations and after that I rotate my own tires the way I want it too.

On the flip side, after three free rotations, my tires are so worn down that I'm just saving the OEM spare at this point for the next set of tires I put on my OEM rims. My Icon beadlocks will be getting AT tires this fall, sometime maybe next year or the year after I'll get some 32-in HT's for daily driving which I will carry the OEM spare with. At this point my OEM spare is pretty much my failsafe spare. If I could sell it as is, I probably would, and just get a steely to replace it when I do my HTs.
Just did it myself , they are heavier every time

LayerOne

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
That's what I call an asshole dealer! They are not making a lot of money from oil changes so they don't want to bother. If you had a major repair, they would have been glad to take your money! smh.
As soon as my free oil changes ended, the upsells on oil changes became horrendous. I have to tell them 3 or 4 times to remove the other crap from the invoice. If it wasn't for the threat of refusing warranty when changing the oil yourself, I would't go for oil changes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mikebost

mikebost

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
x5, x6, JLR
As soon as my free oil changes ended, the upsells on oil changes became horrendous. I have to tell them 3 or 4 times to remove the other crap from the invoice. If it wasn't for the threat of refusing warranty when changing the oil yourself, I wouldn't go for oil changes.
I've been getting those free oil changes because they can't upcharge you on that. You can actually keep buying them out of pocket after you're done with the initial 3! So it's a pretty sweet deal. 😄 unless you have free time and not afraid to get your hands dirty every 6-9 months.

Scttgr8

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Wrangler
in a hypothetical situation, Jeep USA will lose its brand presence if all dealerships start following this logic, we do know that people move around the country.
I actually spoke with Jeep USA and this is a violation of Jeep Mopar franchise policy, this specific dealer participates in Mopar certification program and can not deny oil changes period.
When I worked at a Harley dealership we were expected to get an out of tow Dr worked into the schedule as quickly as possible. Just shows good brand loyalty. I thought Jeep was held to the same expectations 🤷‍♂️

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
This has always been my understanding as well. Personally from a business standpoint, I don't really get the idea of refusing a warranty service even if you do lose that $20 to $40. Nowadays so many people choose where to go based on internet reviews, and recommendations from friends and family. Refusing service is just guaranteeing yourself a bad review. You get enough of those you start losing money. I've always been one for positive businesses. Treat the customers well, you get treated well yourself.

I deliver beer for a living, and there's a lot of people that work for the company I work for who are just angry and overall rude people. So whenever my boss needs someone to go into an account and create a positive experience, I usually seem to get that call. Kiss a little ass, be nice, tell them what they want to hear, do your job, makes a positive experience for everyone. Never understood why people want to get bad reviews. You go a lot further in life if you create positive experiences for people.
Maybe, just maybe that all of the experiences shared here are not necessarily real. People love to bond in victimization. I sure there are some very valid issues but the other day I was on a different forum and the topic of discussion was people pissed because they didn't like the way the rear door sounded when they closed it!!! No complaints about it sealing or air noises, just the way it sounded. The suggestions to solve it were worth their money in gold!
I totally agree with you, positivity gets you through, negativity says your through.

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Maybe, just maybe that all of the experiences shared here are not necessarily real. People love to bond in victimization. I sure there are some very valid issues but the other day I was on a different forum and the topic of discussion was people pissed because they didn't like the way the rear door sounded when they closed it!!! No complaints about it sealing or air noises, just the way it sounded. The suggestions to solve it were worth their money in gold!
I totally agree with you, positivity gets you through, negativity says your through.
Got your rear door fixed right here...

Jeep Wrangler JL Local dealer refusing service for my Jeep IMG_20230221_175542

It also happens to be a tailgate fix as well. :LOL:

Yeah I will say I've definitely been getting tired lately of all of the negative threads I seem to run into on here. There seems to be a lot of regulars on here who just love Jeeps and love coming on here and talking about it and living the Jeep life. And then there's people who seem to only pop up when they have a problem. Which isn't a bad thing. But I've just gotten really tired of those horrible dealership experience threads. There are a dime a dozen.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Add me to the list of NH dealers that told me to go elsewhere. In fairness I went in for a radio issue and didnt properly unmarry and set up back to stock. But. I mentioned I only wanted some hinge corrosion documented and was told "we don't have a body shop so you should take it back where it was purchased." They told me this before even looking at my radio issue.
I bought mine from Central in Raynham. When I had to choose a NH dealer for service, I went with Key in Rochester because they have a body shop up the street. I've only gone in for 2 free oil changes and they never asked where I bought it from. I'm hoping they do the same if I need corrosion repaired.

OP
OP
mikebost

mikebost

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
x5, x6, JLR
Goto Central Jeep in Norwood, MA, they are same dealership group as central 44 and lot closer to Boston than the central 44 location. No one asked me where I bought my Jeep, when I had them do my free oil changes and tire rotations.
Thank you for the recommendations...
Just did my Prepaid Mopar Oil + 5 Tire rotation, and also 28A Recall in Central Jeep in Norwood, MA
Very efficient. No issues at all, they have a very nice waiting area with food, wifi, and tables. Minimal waiting time with my scheduled appointment I would say a total of 55 min.
Sponsored