Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Its the law in Washington state. I haven't run one in two years now.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Front plate in Texas is required, same as above, anything covering the plate in ANY WAY is a ticket. They'll kindly write you one for speeding and one for the plate coverage, so you can only get one deferred. ...state must be low on funds if they're hitting me up!

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I always ask that the dealers leave all advertisment OFF my cars if possible. Stickers plate frames, etc. On a few occasions stickers are already on the cars. They get removed asap. Same with dealer plate frames.

None stayed on the car after bring it home. There is a hook in my garage with all of the different dealer plate frames from all of the cars I have bought. I probably have most of them? I actually regret tossing any that I did. It might be fun to look over all the different dealer plate holders of cars one day?

I also try keeping all of my original window stickers, sales brochures, copies of the titles for every car I have owned.

Last edited:

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Its the law in Washington state. I haven't run one in two years now.
That wouldn’t work here in NYC. The Meter Maids are like Vampires hiding out in doorways waiting to pounce. I’ve doubled parked or pulled into a meter spot just to run in a deli and grab a drink. You check down the sidewalk both ways. All clear. Come out 2 minutes later, BAM there already scanning your sticker.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
That wouldn’t work here in NYC. The Meter Maids are like Vampires hiding out in doorways waiting to pounce. I’ve doubled parked or pulled into a meter spot just to run in a deli and grab a drink. You check down the sidewalk both ways. All clear. Come out 2 minutes later, BAM there already scanning your sticker.
They will not even need meter maids soon. ALPRs or automated license plate readers are everywhere.

Most cities have plate readers at major intersections. Chicago has gone farther. Chicago Police vehicles and city-municipal vehicles have license plate readers that automatically scan plates 24/7. Cars parked and driven. Its probably only a matter of time before they think of trying to issue automatic plate violations? Like the automated speed and traffic cameras.

It's not only law enforcement. Privacy is a thing of the long past. Eventually someone will know where, when, and how long a car is 24/7. No way to hide from automated high-speed license plate readers. There are a lot of private companies like Google, Amazon, private marketing companies, that drive around 24/7 recording license plate information. For all kinds of reasons. Marketing is a huge one. They capture location, date, time, photo of the car and passengers. They then upload the data in real time and store it until someone buys the data.

Last edited:

gregus73

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0, 2021 Suburban Z71
Occupation
Stuff
Front plate in Texas is required, same as above, anything covering the plate in ANY WAY is a ticket. They'll kindly write you one for speeding and one for the plate coverage, so you can only get one deferred. ...state must be low on funds if they're hitting me up!
Only state that I got a fix it ticket was when I lived in Texas. Grew up in CA, and never a ticket yet for no front plate. Never even put on a front plate when I was 17, on my 1992 Toyota 4x4 pickup.

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
Only state that I got a fix it ticket was when I lived in Texas. Grew up in CA, and never a ticket yet for no front plate. Never even put on a front plate when I was 17, on my 1992 Toyota 4x4 pickup.

And its no wonder too. They don't put up with that commie, defund the anti vaxing police eat your granola vegetables peaceful protest moist dolt nonsense.

Besides, everyone knows if you want to get out of a ticket in Texas; ask the cop what loads he uses in his 1911. Suggest some +++p hollow point talon shark tooth hydra head loads.

Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
i only kept the dealers plate frame on to hold the paper temp tag in place until my hard plates came; then the dealers frames went into the trash.

Junior18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I bought a few BMWs from a large dealership in NJ-- they had the largest volume in the area, so you could negotiate the best deals there. The dealership was called Prestige BMW. On every car they'd affix a rectangular, faux metal badge by the rear license plate that simply read "Prestige." I always appreciated that they were able to somehow enhance the image of the douchebag BMW driver by adding a pompous "Prestige" badge.

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
I got my license plates today and went to install them. In the back, two flat head screws, one stripped. The front plates have two torx screw, one stripped.

JLR has plastic bumpers because I'll upgrade. Dealer was A+ except for this super minor problem. Dealer frames went into the trash.
2021-07-12 15.11.35.jpg
The funny thing is that the vast majority of car owners couldn’t care less. Their phones/laptops are branded, as are their clothes, shoes, socks, home appliances and just about ever else in their life.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I totally respect not advertising your dealership but my salesman to my service department have been good to me so far. As long as it stays that way I don’t mind their plate frames.
I have however always been fascinated when you go to a place like The Hard Rock Cafe and they sell T-shirts for 50 bucks. So let me get this straight, I give you $50 and advertise for you too???
Yea I’ll pass.
But you gave the dealership anywhere between $29,000 to $60,000 and you’re advertising for them.

So it’s only fair you buy Hard Rocks T-shirt and advertise for them.

Don’t be a dick.

:LOL:

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
But you gave the dealership anywhere between $29,000 to $60,000 and you’re advertising for them.

So it’s only fair you buy Hard Rocks T-shirt and advertise for them.

Don’t be a dick.

:LOL:
But I am a dick….lmao
Seriously though Morton, I disagree, here’s why.
Maybe it’s because I live in the city, but you can throw a rock and hit a restaurant here. There’s so many that they have to make the experience/food good or they’re out.
Dealerships?
A) they’re limited
B) I’ve already had one with bad service.
C) I don’t want to drive 600 miles just to get good service.
The way my dealership has treated me so far, I’m happy to let them have that tiny space as long as it ends there and word of mouth. I’ll give an example: someone in this forum was complaining that his plug pins wore out from frequently removing his doors. Locks or windows stopped working. Exact same thing happened to me. (Power locks wouldn’t respond). He got hit with a $800.00 bill and couldn’t get help from Jeep Cares. Had to pay. My place? Ordered the plugs, set an appointment, kept the Jeep for a day, called me to pick up, I tipped the mechanic, was handed my keys and told call us if you have any trouble.
This is why I have no problem with their plate frames. Heck I’ll even advertise here: Larchmont Chrysler Jeep, Larchmont NY.
Sponsored