Dead Pedals

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
I know this has been discussed. Not looking for do, or do not need one. I like having one for various reasons.

I am 6'1" and I was checking it out today as I drove down the road. No one can ever say the JL doesn't have deep floor space. With my seat all the way back I really had to push forward to get my foot up to the firewall.

Which is kinda my question, because I am thinking I might need a pedal that doesn't sit flat right up against the firewall or it will most likely be too far away. I no the M.O.R.E seems to be really popular, but, not sure I want the half sized pedal. I mean I have a full size foot, not a kids foot.

So what others have people used (that wasn't junk) that is a full pedal but that will adjust forward up a little from the firewall.

In a post on here I saw a few different types, but did not see anyone using the DV8? Anyone used the DV8, it appears to have some forward adjustment and I know thier stuff is usually good quality.

It may have been the the DV8 wasn't out when that post was started.

Anyway all input appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
longfiredragon

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo

Plumbean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon XR
I also have the Quadratec and I am 6 feet tall. It works great -- best easy mod I've done so far.

Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
Another vote for Quadratech. It has 3 positions, flips up so you can easily clean the floors, super easy to instal, cheap.

manapiko

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I bought this one from amazon. obvi a no name brand, but it's super heavy and well built. I really wanted all black to match the AJT design shifters.

71ziO3dh5-L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Maiker Dead Pedal

manapiko

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Yup, it swivels up nicely. You can potentially tighten it down more if need be, but I have it so you can lift it and it will stay up, to clean.

Sponsored

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
Add another vote to the 6'1" crew with the Quadratec -- it's great and easy to install. I would say just buy that and not think about it another second.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
I bought this one from amazon. obvi a no name brand, but it's super heavy and well built. I really wanted all black to match the AJT design shifters.

71ziO3dh5-L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Maiker Dead Pedal
This one is made of a solid block of aluminum. I am 5’9” with a long torso so I would actually prefer if it was not as deep. But overall has very solid feel.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
Armorlite. Love it too. Much more effort though required to install it than the dead pedal. I also put in Desert Does It seat jackers while doing the flooring.

Picture of the back seats for you as well.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dead Pedals A66E7090-7F0D-4ACF-8B4D-5DE544D3FCDF
Making me regret not ordering tan leather (add another expense though)
looks great.

First item I'm ordering for the JL is the flooring, going to be so wonderful with our life.

ON TOPIC, is there a dead pedal available that works with the manual? I couldn't figure out where to put my left foot when test driving one before ordering.
Sponsored