Sponsored

Dash Panel Damage, Looking for Suggestions

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
Hey Team, I thought my best bet was was to ask JLWF detail guys & gals. I noticed this damage to the dash plastic dash panel just to the left the rugged rubberized grab handle. The texture is a soft grippy black plastic with a slightly soft rubbery sheen to it. I cannot figure out the best way to repair this, any suggestions or know of where I can order a replacement panel? Is it hard to replace/remove? I would hate to just live with it since it is in prominent eyesight. Also, i fear that now that the damage has started it will expand and more areas are going to come off.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_18c0.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
kimmonia

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This video courtesy of @ShockerRacing at around 4:10 shows them remove this piece with relative ease but the HVAC unit looks integrated. Although there are screws that suggest the plastic trim piece could be removed from the unit that holds the buttons.

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojito! Wrangler 392, 2020 Neon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Team, I thought my best bet was was to ask JLWF detail guys & gals. I noticed this damage to the dash plastic dash panel just to the left the rugged rubberized grab handle. The texture is a soft grippy black plastic with a slightly soft rubbery sheen to it. I cannot figure out the best way to repair this, any suggestions or know of where I can order a replacement panel? Is it hard to replace/remove? I would hate to just live with it since it is in prominent eyesight. Also, i fear that now that the damage has started it will expand and more areas are going to come off.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_18c0.jpg
You should be able to order that HVAC surround piece from Jeep and replace it pretty cheap. Here is my video which shows how to remove it:
Thanks for the tag @kimmonia!

OP
OP
kimmonia

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reply @ShockerRacing I realize now I forgot to link your video in my post. @AllMoparParts.com helped me find the replacement and I will be ordering tonight. Once I receive and replace I will update this post. You video helped me feel like I can do it myself instead of just trying to cover with black paint.

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojito! Wrangler 392, 2020 Neon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply @ShockerRacing I realize now I forgot to link your video in my post. @AllMoparParts.com helped me find the replacement and I will be ordering tonight. Once I receive and replace I will update this post. You video helped me feel like I can do it myself instead of just trying to cover with black paint.
Awesome! Glad to help!

Sponsored

OP
OP
kimmonia

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All done. The only difficult thing was that it was in the middle of this heat wave in a hot garage.

1. Disconnect battery (wasn't sure if I needed to do this for just the HVAC and the ignition button but played it safe
2. Removed per @ShockerRacing video
3. I lost a clip in the tiny hole and some ingenuity fished it out the back
4. Removed the old trim from the ignition switch and the HVAC cluster -> use original hardware and placed on new trim
5. Push back on, good as new

This is example of how Jeep community is awesome, I'm not sure if another vehicle has this sort of support. It's such a small thing but makes me happy.

Thanks @ShockerRacing for tips, also your many other video reviews are insightful, well made, and has big input on my purchases

Thanks @AllMoparParts.com for helping identify the piece, I will get all OEM pieces from you for maintenance from now on.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_18f4.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_18fc.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_18f9.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_18f3.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_18fd.jpg

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
All done. The only difficult thing was that it was in the middle of this heat wave in a hot garage.

1. Disconnect battery (wasn't sure if I needed to do this for just the HVAC and the ignition button but played it safe
2. Removed per @ShockerRacing video
3. I lost a clip in the tiny hole and some ingenuity fished it out the back
4. Removed the old trim from the ignition switch and the HVAC cluster -> use original hardware and placed on new trim
5. Push back on, good as new

This is example of how Jeep community is awesome, I'm not sure if another vehicle has this sort of support. It's such a small thing but makes me happy.

Thanks @ShockerRacing for tips, also your many other video reviews are insightful, well made, and has big input on my purchases

Thanks @AllMoparParts.com for helping identify the piece, I will get all OEM pieces from you for maintenance from now on.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dash Panel Damage, Looking for Suggestions UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_18fd

Jeep Wrangler JL Dash Panel Damage, Looking for Suggestions UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_18fd

What’s the part number for the plastic trim not the ac unit.
Sponsored