Dash instrument cluster failure after two days

Htkristan

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Anyone else’s cluster just completely die? Mine never went intermittent with coming on and off multiple times. I just got in the Jeep and the cluster was dead. I also live in Florida so not sure if the weather has anything to do with it.

jeeps been at the dealer for about a month with no ETA on a new cluster. This sucks
Sponsored

Htkristan

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2020 JL Sport instrument cluster died on Saturday. No warning or resetting- just started the car and nothing. Only functioning part of the dash was the Sirius XM. Restarted two more times since then and it never came back on. Drove it to the dealer today and am waiting to hear back. The temperature has been in the 70’s and the car has been garaged. Got it November 2019 and has 3,000 miles. Not pleased!
Anyone else’s cluster just completely die? Mine never went intermittent with coming on and off multiple times. I just got in the Jeep and the cluster was dead. I also live in Florida so not sure if the weather has anything to do with it.

jeeps been at the dealer for about a month with no ETA on a new cluster. This sucks

Swadehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Hard Rock, 2019 Rubicon, 2023 392
@JeepCares

I have been having this same issue in my 2019 JL Rubicon for the past 2 years. Anytime it is really cold out, my dash/instrument cluster keeps resetting/rebooting over and over again. Depending on how cold it is, this can go on for 20+ minutes until the temperatures inside the cabin warm up enough. I have taken at least a dozen videos of the Jeep doing this.

My Jeep only has about 9K miles on it, so I kind of have been putting off bringing it in, especially with Covid. But it's getting very annoying (and possibly dangerous) and it really needs to get taken care of.

That being said, my dealership is really bad with stuff like this. They are lazy and don't like to spend anytime diagnosing anything and unless it's an official recall, they give me a hard time. Is there an SBA out for this issue that spells out the recommended fix/solution/course of action? I would love something I can print out and show them.

Thanks for your help.

Htkristan

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the instrument cluster replaced in my 2018 Wrangler in October after it sat at the dealership for over four weeks. They tell you that the part will take about 10-14 days and then they say, “Well we really have no idea when this will be replaced.” I suggest getting in touch with Jeep Cares IMMEDIATELY! They took care of one month of my payment since it was it at the dealer for that long. Stay on them and be proactive. This is a major inconvenience and horribly unsafe!

JeepyD

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T
TSB for the instrument cluster attached

Attachments

Sponsored

dj3513

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Unlimited / Granite Crystal Metallic / Sky One–Touch Power Top
They replaced my PCM no issues since. Just takes time for the part.

Swadehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Hard Rock, 2019 Rubicon, 2023 392

JeepyD

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

JeepyD

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now I just need to get my own done...
TSB performed this morning... I'll know tomorrow morning on start up if this fixes the issue.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
You would think and hope FCA would have kept track of what issues needed to be addressed from 2018 and carried the corrections into the 2019 model year
You assume FCA is run by people with brains and common sense, and not Italian/French penny pinchers who give zero shits over the Jeep brand.

Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
You assume FCA is run by people with brains and common sense, and not Italian/French penny pinchers who give zero shits over the Jeep brand.
That's unfair.

The FCA offices have plenty of American pennypinchers in executive positions who also couldn't give a care about the Jeep brand except to figure out what item of clothing they could license its appearance on next.

JeepyD

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TSB performed this morning... I'll know tomorrow morning on start up if this fixes the issue.
So far so good on the update fixing the issue. Fingers crossed that this works long-term.

tourguide337

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
My 19 JLUR is having the same issue. I plan to take info from this thread to the dealer, and hopefully it all works out.

mttstng

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 door jl

Sponsored