Dash instrument cluster failure after two days

mttstng

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 door jl
Yep. I have a 2 door 2020 jl and the dash cluster went out which included the speedometer, odometer, rpm guage, and gas guage. I dropped mine off just before Christmas for repairs and they are giving me an ETA of January 28.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My 19 JLUR is having the same issue. I plan to take info from this thread to the dealer, and hopefully it all works out.
Yep. I have a 2 door 2020 jl and the dash cluster went out which included the speedometer, odometer, rpm guage, and gas guage. I dropped mine off just before Christmas for repairs and they are giving me an ETA of January 28.
Sorry to hear of your concerns! If you'd like any assistance while working with the dealer, send our team a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

tourguide337

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Sorry to hear of your concerns! If you'd like any assistance while working with the dealer, send our team a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares
The info on this forum helped me to explain to them the problem. I was skeptical they would listen, but they did the software update, and it fixed the problem. I took it in and sent them a video of the issue.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
The info on this forum helped me to explain to them the problem. I was skeptical they would listen, but they did the software update, and it fixed the problem. I took it in and sent them a video of the issue.
Happy to hear that, tourguide337. If anything changes, we are in private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

correfe

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP JL SAHARA UNLIMITED
Update: to my issue and notice to anyone in Canada my dealer eventually solved the problem when I gave them the recall number but it took some convincing that it was the issue as my manufacturing date put my JL just outside of the effected vehicle range. They eventually performed the flash and everything has been great since. Thanks everyone who helped point me in the right direction.

@eeescarlito I have not heard of your issue. hopefully someone else on here has and best of luck.
Im currently having issues with my cluster.
Since the flash / software update, did this issue ever show up again?

Sponsored

valley_jeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JL
Instrument Cluster on my brand new JL died at 375 miles (149 on it when I left the lot). After rebooting a couple of times, the gauges went dark -- no tach/no speed-o/no fuel gauge.

When I took it to the dealer they were cooperative and professional, and said with no odometer they had to park it. I do have a loaner, but it is now 5 weeks waiting for a replacement Instrument Cluster with still no ETA. My JL has literally been at the dealer 2x the time it was in my possesion.

I get there are supply chain issues these days, but wonder how can FCA not know ETA this part? JeepCares just says "no ETA" every time I call. Very frustrating.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Instrument Cluster on my brand new JL died at 375 miles (149 on it when I left the lot). After rebooting a couple of times, the gauges went dark -- no tach/no speed-o/no fuel gauge.

When I took it to the dealer they were cooperative and professional, and said with no odometer they had to park it. I do have a loaner, but it is now 5 weeks waiting for a replacement Instrument Cluster with still no ETA. My JL has literally been at the dealer 2x the time it was in my possesion.

I get there are supply chain issues these days, but wonder how can FCA not know ETA this part? JeepCares just says "no ETA" every time I call. Very frustrating.
Hi there! Our team would be happy to dig into your situation further. Send us a private message or call Jeep Cares at 877-426-5337 to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Because sadly Jeep (like most manufacturers) divides up incoming parts into two "piles," those for use in making new vehicles and those designated for distribution to the parts channel.

Jeep wants to keep money flowing in and products going out so right now all they get in are going to the new vehicle assembly line and there won't be any for the parts channel until they get in "extras."

That's how/why they don't know - it depends upon when their suppliers send them more than they need to keep the assembly line running.

In a very real way, Jeep already has the money for making your vehicle and they need to keep bringing in more revenue.

Ford has done the same to Bronco owners, so this isn't a Jeep slam, but rather it's how things work among domestic auto makers as well as for most import brands.

Lrlivingston

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler willy 4d ecodiesel
Im currently having issues with my cluster.
Since the flash / software update, did this issue ever show up again?
I'm sitting on 6 weeks as my jeep being quarantined waiting for the instrument panel. No ETA. Has anyone received one? How long did it take?

correfe

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sitting on 6 weeks as my jeep being quarantined waiting for the instrument panel. No ETA. Has anyone received one? How long did it take?
I have had my Cluster on order for 8 weeks now, but at least Im still driving my Jeep.

Sponsored

correfe

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In most states having no functional gauges makes your vehicle illegal to drive.
You are right, and same goes to all the provinces in Canada.
dealership released it since my gauges still work, only portions of information disappear from the digital display without affecting anything else. (odometer disappears and comes back after a few restarts, press clutch shows up when its an automatic)
and at the end of the day they can't hold your vehicle hostage either.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
and at the end of the day they can't hold your vehicle hostage either.
They can if your vehicle is not safe for travel as it currently exists.

For example, when my Wrangler instruments went out, the entire panel went dead, all gauges went to 0, and everything else was blank.

correfe

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They can if your vehicle is not safe for travel as it currently exists.

For example, when my Wrangler instruments went out, the entire panel went dead, all gauges went to 0, and everything else was blank.
Everything else still works, either than the wrong messages showing up every so often.
Your case is different than mine ....

Lrlivingston

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler willy 4d ecodiesel
I just want to know how long it took anyone recently to get it resolved. Anyone?
Sponsored