Dash cam, on the cheap

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
So I've been considering a dash cam for a while now, but didn't want to spend a fortune on one. After reading a few threads here I saw a couple posts saying that you can get a decent camera for around $50.

I did some searching and actually found a pretty good one for $48. I wanted it to be as inconspicuous as possible, so I was specifically looking for one that didn't have a screen. I don't see the point in the screen anyway, it's not like I'm going to be watching it while I drive anyway.

I found the Zerogogo which is 3.5" long, and roughly 1.5" diameter. It's matte black so it blends in with the mirror well. I've never heard of these, so it was a shot in the dark, but it's small, communicates with my phone via wifi, and has a parking mode shock sensor. I got it on Amazon so figured if it was junk, I'd return it with no out of pocket cost, so no real risk.

It seems really nice so far. To be fair, I've only had it a few days, but so far so good. I'm happy enough with it that I just ordered another one for my wife's Jeep. Although it was $57 the this time (it had a discount the first time for some reason).

Install was a breeze. It mounts to the windshield via an adhesive magnet. Stick the magnet to the windshield and you can take the camera on/off if you want to. The wire was long enough to tuck into the top of the windshield, down the A-pillar and across to the plug. I'm going to install a new outlet under the dash for a cleaner look, but you don't need to.

Here's a few photos:
camera mount (2).jpg

The tape that holds the magnetic bracket is more obvious than the camera. I'm going to see if I can come up with a small decal design that will cover it.

camera mount (3).jpg

Here it is from the inside. If you mount it lower, you could completely hide it behind the mirror but I put it higher to be less obvious from outside.

camera screen shot.jpg

This is a screen shot from one of the the videos. You can read license plates, signs and other details even at a distance while driving (in this video I was driving about 40-45).
Sponsored

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon

Sponsored

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Yeah, that's the one. I guess that $57 was with tax. Oops. So I guess it's only gone up $2 since I bought the first one.

Nathan, that's one seriously small camera. The regular price tag isn't so great, but Garmin is at least a known brand.
It's showing me a 10% coupon.

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Yeah, I saw that one. It looked to much like a camera for what I wanted. Not that I care that anyone knows I have a camera, but I don't plan on taking it out of the Jeep every time I get out, so I didn't want it hanging there as an incentive to break in and take it.

rockadile, I'm not sure why I did get it discount when I ordered the second one. Maybe that's for first time buyers or something?

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL