D1 Order Status

Tiger1

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, 2016 BMW 435
Behind the scenes answer to you and everyone's build status. The holidays where the first slow down. I have 10 factory orders placed before the holidays and they were all stuck in D or D1. After the holidays their was an internal reason for Chrysler not building anything for a short period in time that delayed things further. On average the orders I place take about 6 weeks. Right now I'm going to be averaging closer to 10-12 weeks. Now that things are back to normal though I would tell a new ordering customer 6-8 weeks.
Thanks Paul, nice to have an explanation which is more than I received from Jeep or my sales associate when I ordered mine!
Sponsored

PaulwithJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500, 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Well truth be told most wouldn't know about the factory delays and what not. I order more factory orders then the rest of my dealership combined so I personally reach out to our Chrysler Rep frequently to look into answers for my people.

gearcritic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL on order
Well truth be told most wouldn't know about the factory delays and what not. I order more factory orders then the rest of my dealership combined so I personally reach out to our Chrysler Rep frequently to look into answers for my people.
Do higher volume dealers get priority when it comes to custom orders?

PaulwithJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No. All dealerships get an allotment of quantity they can order. This is specific to not just the model but the trim. So long as the dealership you are using has that available allotment their will be no delays. It doesn't matter what class the dealership is their orders aren't more important then others.

OP
OP
SimpleAce

SimpleAce

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Behind the scenes answer to you and everyone's build status. The holidays where the first slow down. I have 10 factory orders placed before the holidays and they were all stuck in D or D1. After the holidays their was an internal reason for Chrysler not building anything for a short period in time that delayed things further. On average the orders I place take about 6 weeks. Right now I'm going to be averaging closer to 10-12 weeks. Now that things are back to normal though I would tell a new ordering customer 6-8 weeks.
Thats crazy because i got a factory order pretty loaded Rubi in 14 days from order to delivery.

Sponsored

PaulwithJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is very fast. Depending on where you live it is a little faster. If you live closer to the plant it takes less time. In the Pacific NW we have to wait about a month just for the train transport.

bravelion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
Order placed 1/31/20
Von/Vin sent to me today, 2/3/2020
Status D1: "Gateline:plant has sequenced the unit for production, estimated ship date assigned".

Estimated Ship Date: 2/10/2020

I don't see how that ship date is possible. 11 days after ordering?

bravelion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
Probably not 2/10 but you'd be surprised. I ordered mine 1/21 and dealer just told me that my Jeep is in transit.
I guess I better get my tires and suspension mods lined up so I can do that right away and sell the take offs as new.

PaulwithJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order placed 1/31/20
Status D1: "Gateline:plant has sequenced the unit for production, estimated ship date assigned".

A ship date 11 days after ordering can absolutely happen. The ship date doesn't mean that it is in transit though. Once the vehicle "ships" it goes toi the body vendor and will likely be in JB status for at least a few days before actually shipping and being in transit. A 2 week turn around time is fast but I have seen it plenty of times before.

bravelion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
Order placed 1/31/20

Dealer told me today it's in "JB" status (Body).
He says "should ship in a couple of weeks or sooner".
Sponsored